• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is this fight fair?

DJ_draken07

First Post
Epic Battle Campaign (lots of Fighting)

At The Very End of the Campaign the party is going Fight a Blighter.

Party -

Race: Aasimar - Class: LV 3 Bard / 1 LV 1 Rogue
Race: Human - Class: LV 5 Sorcerer
Race: Half Orc - Class LV 2 Cleric / LV 2 Fighter
Race: Shifter - Class: LV 2 Ranger / LV 2 Monk

Vs

Race: Human - Class: LV 5 Druid / Lv 1 Ranger / LV 2 or Lv 3 Blighter.

If its not fair what Can i do make it fair. Like NPCs or Lots of Good gear in the Dungeon

Asha'man

First Post
I think it looks pretty fair, even if he's a level 3 blighter (although to be on the safe side, you might give him only two levels of the PRC.) That makes him CR 8, versus a 4th level party. A very hard fight, which they will win or lose about 50/50. That is fair, strictly speaking.

Just make sure that the dungeon contains healing potions, pearls of power, etc. so the party can fight this guy with their resources replenished, instead of being totally depleted when they make it to him. Alternately, contrive some opportunity for them to rest before they fight him. Otherwise, they're likely to get torn apart.

And keep in mind that his spell selection probably won't be focused on killing this particular party, he was probably expecting to do something else that day. Make a general spell list, not a 100% combat-optimised one, is what I'm saying.

Edit: Just looked up the Blighter for a second opinion. Definitely, make him a 3rd level blighter, since the druid levels will give virtually 0 benefit to him. Also, give him a good spell list -with that few spells per day, he can't afford to waste any, or he might as well be a 6th level ranger instead of the build you have.

Last edited:

DJ_draken07

First Post
I think it looks pretty fair, even if he's a level 3 blighter (although to be on the safe side, you might give him only two levels of the PRC.) That makes him CR 8, versus a 4th level party. A very hard fight, which they will win or lose about 50/50. That is fair, strictly speaking.

Just make sure that the dungeon contains healing potions, pearls of power, etc. so the party can fight this guy with their resources replenished, instead of being totally depleted when they make it to him. Alternately, contrive some opportunity for them to rest before they fight him. Otherwise, they're likely to get torn apart.

And keep in mind that his spell selection probably won't be focused on killing this particular party, he was probably expecting to do something else that day. Make a general spell list, not a 100% combat-optimised one, is what I'm saying.

Edit: Just looked up the Blighter for a second opinion. Definitely, make him a 3rd level blighter, since the druid levels will give virtually 0 benefit to him. Also, give him a good spell list -with that few spells per day, he can't afford to waste any, or he might as well be a 6th level ranger instead of the build you have.

Did the Campaign today , The blighter was LV 8 in all

Conclusions of the battle turned was

Race: Aasimar - Class: LV 3 Bard / 1 LV 1 Rogue (Max Hp - Stayed away from battle)
Race: Human - Class: LV 5 Sorcerer ( Died)
Race: Half Orc - Class LV 2 Cleric / LV 2 Fighter (8 hp left)
Race: Shifter - Class: LV 2 Ranger / LV 2 Monk (1 HP left)

And The guy playing as the bard was saying.. Oh that was easy. I'll show him lololol

Asha'man

First Post
Sounds like it went about like you'd wanted it to? Hard-fought and close, but the PCs won.

When you say the Aasimar "stayed out", do you mean he stayed away from the blighter and used ranged attacks, or that he didn't participate in the fight?

DJ_draken07

First Post
Sounds like it went about like you'd wanted it to? Hard-fought and close, but the PCs won.

When you say the Aasimar "stayed out", do you mean he stayed away from the blighter and used ranged attacks, or that he didn't participate in the fight?

He stayed so far away , He didnt even try to fight the blighter.

Remove ads