• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is this legal

s-dub

First Post
Suppose I create a dwarven ranger with the two weapon fighting option.

If I

Take the Durable feat
Take the Dwarven Durability Racial Feat

Will I get an extra 4 healing surges or only 2?

GorTeX

First Post
no, as the bonus surges are both feat bonuses, and thus do not stack.

---Edit. I was wrong. You would get 4 extra healing surges this way, as they are not typed in any way, and thus stack.

Last edited:

abyssaldeath

First Post
Looks like you get 4.

Do the books actually classify the bonuses a feat bonuses? I only have access to the compendium at the moment. I ask because unless the feat actually calls it a feat bonus the bonus is unnamed and there for stacks.

Last edited:

sukael

First Post
They would stack, in this case. This may be an oversight... or it may be intentional, given that Dwarven Durability is a paragon-tier feat.

Bison

First Post
I hope this is leagal, as the fighter I am playing in our new 4E game is going this route (he is a warhammer wielding fighter that I plan to inc con an str at every opportunity). Looks to make him one hard to kill defender :)

Edit: and the books just say "gain two extra healing surges" so they are definatly untyped

s-dub

First Post
My plan was to come up with a build that's competitive against the ranger multiclassed to pitfighter build by staying ranger and going for pathfinder (another 2 healing surges). I'd be missing out a little on damage due to not getting wis to damage but would be extemely durable.

Since I've not actually played more than a bit of playtesting (my friends don't want to leave 3.5 yet) I have no idea if this will play out in combat.

Remove ads