• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is your name unique?

Bront

The man with the probe
I used to go by Akira on some dial up BBSs, but I figured that would be short lived. I've been Bront just about everywhere else, though I have had the occasional problem with the user name (usually with it being too short, grr).

I made up the name when I was 6, and found out a few years ago that it's a last name (someone asked me if it was my real name or not, was odd).

Zappo

Explorer
I still can't believe how many people use "Zappo". Every time I try to register on a web site and get a "user name already in use" I wonder what kind of dumbass loser could use my traditional UID.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Suprisingly yes it is, considering my online name is the same name as my favorite D&D character whom I made at the beginning of 3e and since I wasn't feeling paticuarly creative in the name the department I took the name right out of the PHB. Since then I've stopped playing the character but now I still use the name as my online name.

The_Universe

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:
I tried for years to register here has Piratecat...so I think I do have an impostor... :eek:

More seriously, my SN's tend to be pretty cracked out, so I rarely run into impostors. Amongst those that I use:

Kamikaze Midget (born of the idea of a dwarf strapped with dynamite)
Siyaj K'ak (AKA "Smoking Frog," an ancient Mayan warlord whose name means "Born of Fire")
Not John Quincy Adams (because if there's one thing I'm not...)
Superfluous Bubbles (who needs all those bubbles?)
Candy Katamari (how many licks does it take?)

I'm surprised Queen Doppelpopolis isn't taken more often. But then, I've never had to challenge someone for the title of Wooden Eel, so....

Fun Trivia Fact: Tigger's voice actor also is Dick Dastardly and Gargamel. :cool:
Surface! Surface! Suck on the pipes!

Setanta

First Post
There are certainly plenty of other setantas out there. For yahoo, I couldn't get setanta, so I tried setanta3. Nope. Setanta7? Taken. I tried a few other numbers in the setantaX format, and found them all taken. Setanta-3? Gone. Setanta_3 is the best I could do. At least at gmail setanta3 was available (though straight setanta was long gone). I've had to use variations of setanta on other message boards too.

fusangite

First Post
I appear to be the only fusangite out there on the 'net -- I realize this makes me a sitting duck. I don't understand why no other sinophiles from the West Coast have used the handle.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I've never had a problen using "kanegrundar" on anything. Sometimes I have to cut it down in size (kanegrun at times), but that's about it.

Now when I was using everclear as my online name...

Kane

Remove ads