Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

J. Alexander

First Post
1d20+10 → [18,10] = (28)
Diplomacy

"Yes that is my position.....to be honest.. I leave port in a week or so and amy trying to tie up many lose ends..even if they may be at a slight loss....."

Scotley

Hero
"Well Captain, I believe we can help you wrap this up and get you back on the sea in short order. I will take your deal with a few provisos. First, I'd like right of first refusal in writing for future ships you that you cannot repair. No binding on how you sell, to whom or at what price. I just want the chance to see them and make an offer before you put them on the market." He considers, "I could pay in cash given a day or two, but would prefer to work a transfer at the Captain's Bank if that is acceptable to you?"

J. Alexander

First Post
not really please yet not really disastifed with the offer Michael says.."We have an agreement then..a transfer is more than acceptable" and extends his hand.

Scotley

Hero
Taking the proffered hand, Hanford says, "Excellent, I'll have everything arranged and you should have the money first thing in the morning. Now I believe I promised you dinner. Surf or Turf?"

Scotley

Hero
"Very well, I know just the place. Not too fancy, but the food is really first class." Soon you find youself entering a narrow stair down to the underground part of the canal system. Hanford hails a boat for hire and you move east through tunnels and open areas until you hear music playing and the sounds of a crowd. The boat finds a narrow slip in an area crowded with small boats. Several taverns and restaurants are here. Near the back of the district you enter a little place called, 'The Silver Fin'. The places is deocorated with a nuatical theme as might be expected. It doesn't look particularly impressive, but it is filled with patrons. Hanford signals to a tall woman in a blue dress who seems to be the hostess and she motions you past the crowd waiting for a table. After an exchange of kisses on the cheek with your host she says, "Ah Mr. Hanford please come with me. I've a spot for you." She leads you to a small table just being cleared by a young man. "A pair of 'Hungry Sailors' if you please Mauve." She nods and heads for the kitchen. "Wine or beer?" asks Hanford. Soon steaming bowls of a very tasty seafood bisque are placed before you. The bowls are simple crockery, but the soup proves to be some of the freshest and richest you've tasted.

Scotley

Hero
"Funny thing about this place they only have one beer and a couple of wines. They are very good, but by keeping things simple the price stays reasonable." Mugs of cool beer soon appear along with fresh shrimp on ice with three different sauces. Michael can detect nothing amiss with the food.

Remove ads