• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp75/76,AC23

"No, a defensible position sounds like suicide! Remember, this is the Count's island, so he knows it like the back of his hand. And he is expecting us to await his pleasure and his own good time in starting the attack. I say we throw a monkey wrench in his plans and take the fight to him on OUR terms!"

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

"I would like to keep our backs to the water since I think we may not be attacked that way, however we know our host controls some big birds (the same ones that carried away our crew) and I fear he may use them if we stay out in the open. I vote for heading into the Jungle."

Leif

Adventurer

"Personally, Radoon, my guess would be that, since he lives on an island he has command of creatures of the water as much as those of the land and air. But, still, you're plan of keeping our backs to the water is at least as good as any other orientation of our backs, so I'm all for it! Just don't get too secure because of that, please. And I agree with heading into the cover of the jungle. Let us make it so!"

Scotley

Hero
OOC: As Lou has correctly deduced, you don't want to face the count without your prime undead basher, but there is more to this little side trek than that potential encounter. Is the consensus to head up the island?

Leif

Adventurer

[OOC: I REALLY don't want to take this count on without a cleric or two! Do we have any word about JA, or any ideas about when he may re-join us? If not, could you NPC Geoffrey, Scotley? :D]

"I think we should ask our ardent priest, Geoffrey, where he would prefer to take on this enemy, since it is his Holy Power and Strength that is our greatest asset in the coming battle."

[OOC: Boy, how 'bout THAT great role-playing! Addressing the character of a player who may or may not post again anytime soon! :)]

Scotley

Hero
Moving eastward under the canopy of vine laden trees you find the way difficult until Gnurl spots a game trail. You can move at normal speed along the trail or move through difficult terrain off the trail.

OOC: Spot checks please.

[sblock=0 to 14]Just avoiding tripping over roots and not bashing your head on branches takes all your attention. [/sblock]

[sblock=15 to 19]There isn't much to see, but you are sure that there are jungle animals scurrying about avoiding you as you move. You just can't see them.[/sblock]

[sblock=20 to 24]The vines are so thick you could almost swing through the jungle like a monkey.[/sblock]

[sblock=25 to 29]You glimpse movement in distance, but you can't make out anything sure in the dense jungle. [/sblock]

[sblock=30+]Snakes! This patch of trees is filled with snakes, large and small. One is dropping on a companion next to you.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads