• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Scotley

Hero
The doors reveal small privies. Each contains a chamber pot, pitcher of warm water, bowl, soap and a towel. Hung on each door are oiled canvas cloaks in the pockets of which you find flasks of fresh water and a trail mix of dried fruits and roasted nuts.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

"I guess our host figured we'd get this far. I really am not liking the count!"

Radoon will take the dried fruit bag and water but leave the cloak.

Why wash up, there will be more blood shed soon enough

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp75/76,AC23

Gnurl will, likewise, retrieve his bag of trail mix, but will just store it in a pouch for now. "For my midnight snack!" and, I presume that one of the canvas robes is cut to gnomish size? If so, then Gnurl will also store the robe in his Bag of Holding.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Gnurl,

"With all the magical protection the count and his posse have, I wonder if he might be able to track the cloaks. I am going to leave mine just in case."

Leif

Adventurer

"Hmmm, a paranoid thought, but a good one! I shall do likewise, and, in fact, divest myself of all the 'free' goodies." Whereupon, Gnurl rids himself of all of the items he got from the 'package,' and leaves it all behind.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

Gnurl double- and triple-checks his pouches, pockets, and bag of holding to be absoultely sure that he is carrying nothing that came from this place.
"Very well, then, now back up the stairs to the surface (we hope)?

Scotley

Hero
At the top of the stairs is a heavy trap door in the ceiling. With some effort the burlier members of the group are able to get it open. You find yourselves inside a cage of stout iron bars with a stone floor and a domed stone roof some 10' above your heads. There is a door in the bars with a strange latch of some sort. The jungle and darkness surround you. Distantly, you can hear the sounds of the surf reminding you that you are on an island.

Remove ads