Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

mleibrock

First Post
Gnurl draws forth his Wand of Detect Magic and uses it to more carefully inspect the rug. "I know we know it's magical, because we saw it flying. But I am curious whether it may bear any other sorts of enchantments other than the Transmutation Magic that gives it the power of flight."

Pic for Radoon:

ROFL! That is a GREAT pic Leif!

Scotley

Hero
The rug was flying because the Gargoyles were carrying it, but the magical examination reveals that it does appear to be a carpet of flying.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling, Gnome Wizard at Small

OOC: How big is the rug? Is it big enough to carry the whole party? :D

Scotley

Hero
The rug is 10' by 10' meaning it can carry about 800 pounds (it can actually carry double that at reduced speed). But you'll need a command word to activate it.

Leif

Adventurer

Gnurl carefully studies the pattern of threads in the rug, looking for some hidden clue woven into the very fabric of the rug. He will also have Featherwind help him in his search. "Sometimes, the arcanist who constructs a device like this will leave a reminder or clue to the Command Word, or perhaps the Command Word itself, woven into the item itself."

skill checks: spellcraft, knowledge arcana, and spot checks (1d20+26=43, 1d20+17=36, 1d20+3=14) With Featherwind's help, his spot check is a 17 instead of 14.

Scotley

Hero
Gnurl is sure he is on the right path, but he can't quite pick out the pattern in the complex embroidery.

The Cleric comments, "I know the commands for the rug for it is mine, but I think we should clarify my status before I start sharing secrets."

Leif

Adventurer

Nonplussed, Gnurl immediately stops his inspection of the rug and looks up at the cleric. "Your 'status'? That almost sounded like a job application. What, exactly, do you propose, Sir?"

Scotley

Hero
"Your watery friend there has already suggested it," he gestures at H'Roosh. "An alliance, we work together to bring down the Sorcerer. You very nearly got him last time when I was aiding him. Perhaps working together we can defeat him permanently and end this curse."

Leif

Adventurer

"Very well, if the offer has been extended, I'll certainly not gainsay my comrade H'Roosh. I know better!"

Remove ads