Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Scotley

Hero
"Okay, that's better! When you say, 'nearly empty,' how many guests do you figure may be there? And what sorts of guests, anyway? Are we talking about people who work for him already or new servants applying for jobs, or what? I don't suppose that this dude has just a whole bunch of actual friends, you know?"

"I can't really say what his preference is. He certainly knows we are here now, so he has chosen his ground. I doubt he's in the servants quarters, but I don't know if he'd be in his own rooms or on the roof."

Indeed making your way up a level you encounter no threats. No servants are present and all the rooms are empty of life or even undeath on the Servants'/Vistors level. There is a large fireplace in a sitting room here and you notice some sooty foot prints leading from it across the room and up the stairs.

Scotley

Hero
As you follow the stairs (and foot prints) you come to the Lich's personal quarters. There is a sitting room that looks little used. 3 doors exit from the sitting room. All are closed. The stairs continue up and the foot prints stay on the stairs leading up. Only the roof remains above you according to Serleon. Your confrontation with the Sea Sorcerer/Lich must be approaching. Geoffrey gathers you all close and says a stirring prayer for your success.

OOC: Bless +1 morale bonus to hit and on saves vs. fear effects. Duration 11 min.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

As you follow the stairs (and foot prints) you come to the Lich's personal quarters. There is a sitting room that looks little used. 3 doors exit from the sitting room. All are closed. The stairs continue up and the foot prints stay on the stairs leading up. Only the roof remains above you according to Serleon. Your confrontation with the Sea Sorcerer/Lich must be approaching. Geoffrey gathers you all close and says a stirring prayer for your success.

OOC: Bless +1 morale bonus to hit and on saves vs. fear effects. Duration 11 min.

Radoon looks to the others and if they have no objection, he follows the sooty footprints and continues further up.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling, Gnome Wizard at Small

"This is it, fellows! It's been great knowing all of you." With a fatalistic shrug, Gnurll checks his wands and follows along.

Remove ads