Is'Merith - Campaign Thread

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=OOC Shopping TGG]
How much for the silvered daggers (away from books not sure how much adding silver costs)?

It's just in the PHB equipment section and it's normally 100gp per melee weapon. Daggers are worth 2gp (total 102), so it'll cost you 51gp per dagger. Flails cost 10gp so the total cost for the silvered flail is 55gp.[/sblock]

[sblock=Credit Card Declined, Shopping Revised] OK, so he doesn't buy the pick or the shovel, or the healing potion (damnit).

He does however, take his existing quarterstaff to the silversmith and gets him to silver that. So now he has the following weapons - silvered quarterstaff, Testiculator morning star, 4 daggers.

***Still wants to sell his javelins***

I figure with that much silver about there may be some less-than-entirely-dead things on the loose, so the investment in his staff is worth it. Also, with his decorations and it all being silver, he can cut quite the dash amongst the nobility if need be - posing as Han von Silverstaff of the Eldforest Silverstaves, dontchaknow...[/sblock]

Alejandro joins his halfling companion in the pub after doing some shopping and securing a bunk aboard the HMS Cutpurse, as he calls it privately.

Once everyone is there he wants to start the conversation about plans. Originally he intended to scour the hidden Under-Undercity but the thought of being Han von Silverstaff in his fine robes and fancy staff appeals to him. He also is willing to act the part of not just a visiting noble, but a visiting Druid. He figures Minor Illusion and his rapport with animals may help pull the wool over the eyes.

But first, he'd like to get to get to know this halfling and his companion with the voice he can only describe as 'purple'. He isn't so big on where they've come from, more about who they are now. He will keep things cordial for now and if the plan to impersonate a foreign tree wizard is acceptable he will get busy with his disguise kit and get into character.

If not...we will see. He is glad that there is another muscle on the team, and a shorter statured one at that. There are altogether too many tall folk. He's getting a cricked neck.

Matthan

Explorer
Daedarai nods towards Kyle, “Oh, I never planned on lodging at the Jaundiced Mare. I just wanted a place for the group to share a few drinks and get to know one another. Alcohol has a way of easing the awkwardness of getting to know new people. I am sure we will be staying either here or at another of the guild’s safe houses. Regardless, thank you for the opportunity, sir. We will not disappoint you.” With a slight bow, he turns and leaves.

As he steps out of the office, an imposing half-orc dressed in dark leather was waiting for him. His hair had gone silver with age and was cropped short around a severe face that was riddled with age lines that gave testament to the hard years that he had lived. Dark eyes stared hard at the elf over an upturned nose with a gold hoop dangling from the septum. His mouth was turned up in a vaguely menacing smirk that revealed a cracked tusk poking from the left corner. A short grunt and a wave communicated for Daedarai to follow him. Falling in line, the figure began to talk, “Don’t believe we’ve met, Daedarai. Name’s Masrir. Understand yer one of us now, eh? Made senior rank? Hrmm.” He spoke in a harsh almost barking tone with short pauses breaking up his thoughts, “Welcome to the fold then. I been asked to give ye a general introduction to yer new privileges and ‘sponsibilities.”

Masrir came to a stop in small room. Against one wall was a table with a small burning lamp and no chairs. Cornered next to it, was a large rack filled with tubes of scrolls. Masrir mindlessly clucked his tongue as he looked at each tube with an outstretched finger before stopping. “Hrmm… ‘ere we go.” Taking out a scroll, he unrolled it on the table to reveal a basic map of the city. “As a senior member, yer privileged to know the various safe houses we have throughout the city. Don’t make any copies of this. Lock it up tight in the ol’ bone box,” as he finished, he rapped his knuckles against his skull a few times. The next few minutes pass as Masrir goes over the various safe houses and their security features. Daedarai listens intently and makes a mental note of each one.

Rolling up the map and replacing it, Masrir motions Daedarai on and continues talking “Now, ye’ve been in the guild for a while so ye know about purchasing from the fence. Seniors can also sell liberated goods to him. As an additional perk, he also keeps some of the good stuff back for us to have first shot at. Ye’ll also have access to our job board. I understand yer working with a group. Until they prove t’emselves, ye’ll be needing to take point on securing any extra work beyond what Kyle’s asked of ye.”

“There be more to it, but that’ll give ye what ye need to keep yer cell healthy. Jest ‘member if the guild calls, ye answer.” Masrir turns to leave, but turns and speaks a little softer, “Ye need to ‘member one more thing. When yer the senior in the field, lives depend on ye. Don’t take that lightly. If ye want the trust of your mates, ye need to earn it and not expect it.”

With that thought ringing in his mind, Daedarai looks over the job board. A simple job might be the perfect thing to help the team get to know each other.

[SBLOCK=OOC] I took a lot of liberty here because I didn’t want to bog down the game. Sezarious, if I went too far on any point, let me know and I’ll edit it down. I tried to stick to things that you mentioned would be available at senior rank.

I have two goals before meeting up with the others at the pub. First, I want to look over the job board to see if there are any simple jobs available for the crew to get some experience together before hunkering down for two weeks with training and prep for the inner city infiltration. Second, I want to visit the fence and ask about the crate of swords that the guards are carrying. Sezarious, if you would like to narrate Daedarai through that, I'm on board. If you want to just give me the details and I’ll narrate through it, that’s cool too.

For the other players, I am not intending to place myself as the leader of the group. I think the guild might see my character as such and expect things because of that, but I, as a player, am not intentionally writing towards that. My expectation is that different characters will take the lead as the narrative requires. It sounds like Mina will be running point in the inner city soon, for example. I may be worrying over nothing, but I wanted you all to know where I was coming from. [/SBLOCK]

Trogdor1992

First Post
[sblock=OOC] My halfling is a man of few words, so I have no qualms about who takes the leadership role, as I don't plan on being leader any time soon. [/sblock]

[sblock=My two penn'orth] Mate. It's cool. Alejandro doesn't listen to management anyway, and I suspect that being made leader of our group will be an
exercise in cat herding anyway![/sblock]

[sblock=One more thing though] Another Half-Orc? This won't end well.[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
[SBLOCK=OOC] I took a lot of liberty here because I didn’t want to bog down the game. Sezarious, if I went too far on any point, let me know and I’ll edit it down. I tried to stick to things that you mentioned would be available at senior rank.

I have two goals before meeting up with the others at the pub. First, I want to look over the job board to see if there are any simple jobs available for the crew to get some experience together before hunkering down for two weeks with training and prep for the inner city infiltration. Second, I want to visit the fence and ask about the crate of swords that the guards are carrying. Sezarious, if you would like to narrate Daedarai through that, I'm on board. If you want to just give me the details and I’ll narrate through it, that’s cool too.

For the other players, I am not intending to place myself as the leader of the group. I think the guild might see my character as such and expect things because of that, but I, as a player, am not intentionally writing towards that. My expectation is that different characters will take the lead as the narrative requires. It sounds like Mina will be running point in the inner city soon, for example. I may be worrying over nothing, but I wanted you all to know where I was coming from. [/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC] No, not at all, that was great. You haven't taken any liberties except those I had planned to give you, so you've actually moved things along. What's interesting is that you left only moments after Al, yet he did not see the half Orc... I'll describe more later, but, top work.

And yes, everyone will have their moment I think. You will dominate in guild matters, Al will dominate under the city, Shen in the desert, Mina amongst the nobility and Isaac has been designed as a character with emotional issues. He may lead in tactical situations sometimes, but overall, as Trogdor indicated, he probably doesn't WANT to lead.
[/sblock]

Macv12

First Post
The meeting adjourned, Shen gives Alejandro a big thumbs-up at the suggestion of "pub." "Be there in a shake Al, I've gotta get some memorabilia first." She tips her hat to Kyle, gives Daedarai a bow and a quick "pardon, Boss," and hurries off the boat, pockets newly jangly.

In truth, more than being excited, she's begun to realize that slamming wine and mystery liquor on top of the subtle but merciless motions of the ship was...well, it was time to make tracks before her insides turned upside-down. Honestly, she can't care less about buying some souvenir, but it was the best excuse she could think of. Oh, well. Still, she does have a pouch full of useless metal things anyway, which she may as well trade for stuff.

Markets are like a termite colony. Tight corners and pathways pointing off every which way, full of people walking, running, browsing, and shoving each other around, in a throng of life where everyone's blind to the world beyond their fingertips. It all smells like sweat, with pockets of stale bread, rotting fruit, or the thick, sweet smell of alchemy, depending on whose garbage bin is nearby. Like much of the city, it's fascinatingly vile, but a unique mix of friendly and predatory that the nomad elf's not used to.

Shen soon finds herself at a smaller shop, what must be the guild place Kyle mentioned; it's filled with all sorts of stuff, but no branding anywhere, and she could swear the shopkeep gives her the tiniest nod as she approaches. A lot of the goods seem interesting, but gaudy and hard to imagine uses for. Her eye is caught by an array of weapons gleaming with silver; mostly dead-weight-y ones, but there are a handful of nice daggers. All modified with real silver, according to the shopkeep, "to kill ghosts." Dumbest sales pitch ever, but still, they look nice. She orders one, and glad to travel a little lighter and quieter for the loss of all those coins, darts out to find her team and the pub.

[sblock="Shopping spree!"]One silver dagger, please. And a small order of fries. Thanks!

Also, what Matthan said goes for me as well. Hopefully Shen's personality and motivations are clear enough by now that anyone can feel free to "fill in the gaps" if they need her to act/react during their post, so go ahead.[/sblock]

Remove ads