It appears that Star Trek has learnt from Star Wars

Ranger REG

Explorer
Rl'Halsinor said:
I'm with you on this one Ranger REG. Voyager was awful. It was Berman & Braga's attempt, along with Enterprise, to create Trek in their own image. Look what its gotten us.
Yeah, it makes George Lucas's prequel film scripts look more Shakespearean. Who knew rancors are more cultured than humans? :p

Ranger REG

Explorer
trancejeremy said:
So are they going to add bumps to the Klingons' heads?
Hope not. If there is one redeeming quality about Enterprise is when last FOX's 24 producer Manny Coto took over the fourth and final season (with the exception of the series finale episode that turned into a TNG/ENT tag-team fiasco).

In that season's "Affliction" episode, it explained why some of them got their bumps removed. In that episode, actor John Schuck, who portrayed a Klingon Ambassador in The Film Series, guest-starred as a Klingon scientist experimenting with Augment DNA.

Personally, this discussion feels like deja vu. IIRC, I have been in a discussion about whether Paramount should CG-modify TOS episodes way before Y2K.

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
Manny Coto is a BIG fan of the Original Series and I noticed the fourth and final season of Enterprise definitly picked up in quality. Berman and Braga figured out too late that their direction was killing the franchise when a great many saw the Fall of the Franchise way back in Voyager days.

librarius_arcana

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
LMAO at the "Roddenberry loyalists to have a collective cow" remark.

But otherwise, meh. Haven't watched a Star Trek episode in years, and don't have any urge to watch a series I got bored of a long time ago.

Wa? how can you get bored at a classic? :\

Villano

First Post
Oh c'mon, guys! How many times have you watched the episode with the space hippies and thought, "This would be so much better with some CGI."? Or, "I want to see Spock's Brain digitally remastered with computer-generated effects."? ;)

Remove ads