It appears that Star Trek has learnt from Star Wars

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
I think this'll be fun. The TOS-era shots in "Trials and Tribble-ations" looked great; it'll be fun to see what they do with the whole series.

And if I hate it, hey, I have the original series on DVD in their original format, so I can always watched those. :)

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Hm. I watched that youtube "enhanced" version, and I don't see what a difference it makes. I mean, yeah, the ship and space all look more like the versions we get now, but the interior set and the costumes are still the same old cheesy 60s version. Might as well just stick with the "unenhanced" version, IMO.

[EDIT] Actually, I liked the second one better than the first; I think the effects looked a little bit more organic and less crisp and fresh than the first one- more lived in (though that might have had to do with the quality of the stream). I still think it is kind of lame to modernize the outer stuff and not bother with the interior, and that shuttle scene was way too sleek and Next Generation modern to fit with the old Star Trek sets (maybe if they just lit the shuttle bay in some psychedelic oranges?).

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Cthulhudrew said:
Hm. I watched that youtube "enhanced" version, and I don't see what a difference it makes. I mean, yeah, the ship and space all look more like the versions we get now, but the interior set and the costumes are still the same old cheesy 60s version. Might as well just stick with the "unenhanced" version, IMO.
Why is this "youtube" the authority on TOS digital upgrade?

And why do you think the TOS uniform needed a digital makeover?

Starman said:
I all ready watch the old episodes with my 8 and 9 year old daughters. They've never mentioned the special effects, but they are hooked on the show. They bug me to watch it. I feel so proud. :cool:
Kids also watch Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and and endless parade of what I consider quite execrable animation on Cartoon Network, etc. with rapt attention. :) It isn't the kids that need the go-faster stripes - they'll buy into just about anything. This is purely for the adults who say Star Trek TOS episodes are total cheese.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Man in the Funny Hat said:
This is purely for the adults who say Star Trek TOS episodes are total cheese.
It would be easier for those adults to put their heads into a microwave oven set to "Heat Frozen Veggies."

:]

frankthedm

First Post
If we can get a CGI shot of the Kelvans in thier true forms, i would be happy.

McCoy You didn't look very well when you broke that mind touch.

Spock I didn't not break it, Doctor. I was thrown away by something I've never experienced before.

Kirk What was it?

Spock A series of bizarre and exotic images bursting on my mind and consciousness. Colors... shapes... mathematical equations fused and blurred. I've been attempting to isolate them, but I've been able to recall clearly only one. Immense beings... 100 limbs which resemble tentacles, minds of such control and capacity that each limb is capable of performing a different function.

McCoy Do you mean that's what the Kelvans really are?

Spock Undoubtedly.

Vigilance

Explorer
Man in the Funny Hat said:
This is purely for the adults who say Star Trek TOS episodes are total cheese.

I think this is purely a weekly advertisement for the upcoming Trek XI, and another clue that Trek XI will be about Kirk and Spock.

Chuck

Remove ads