• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It had to be done

Can you damamge a stell door with a normal whip?

• Yes

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • No

Votes: 62 81.6%

jigokusabre said:
182 Strength
Is my math wrong, or is that a +86 modifier?

At some point, a steel door (or even a stell one) should damage the whip.

There's a prestige class somewhere that allows the character to improvise a weapon with most anything. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the improvised weapon is a Hostess Twinkie sponge cake with vanilla cream frosting and that the target is a 9'x9'x9' adamantine cube.

Our hero decides that adamantine is a valuable commodity and should be taken back to town. Though his strength score is 183, he's a halfling, and the DM rules that such a large cube is too unwieldy to pick up and carry. He decides to pull a +5 unattendedobjectbane twinkie out of his bag of infinite snacking and hurl throw it at the cube while raging. He uses a two-handed overhead swing after charging.

What happens?

Does the cube take damage?

Or does the twinkie?

Dryfus

First Post
jigokusabre said:
To the best of my knowledge, a whip cannot get past armor, not even with power attack, not even with a +5 bonus, not even with a 182 Strength. If it can't get past a small sheet of steel, then it can't get past a big slab of the same material.

if I have a 182 str, why wouldn't I just batter the door down, and damn the whip???

daBooj

First Post
your task to complete in order to leave purgatory:
take this troll hide whip (enchanted to regenerate and never wear out) and whip up a whole in the steel door of your dungon's cell. Invision yourself as a wave: your task may take centuries, but will be completed through steady effort.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Christian said:
Arbiter of Wyrms said:
...Though his strength score is 183, he's a halfling, and the DM rules that such a large cube is too unwieldy to pick up and carry. He decides to pull a +5 unattendedobjectbane twinkie out of his bag of infinite snacking and hurl throw it at the cube while raging. He uses a two-handed overhead swing after charging.

What happens?

I don't know, but this thread is suddenly making me hungry.

Not me -- I had Roast Halfling for lunch with a Twinkie on the side, and I am stuffed! :)

Sejs

First Post
Arbiter of Wyrms said:
He decides to pull a +5 unattendedobjectbane twinkie out of his bag of infinite snacking ...

Well I know two magic items that are certainly going to be placed in my next campaign! :p

Remove ads