• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Item Creation Feats for a Druid

atomn

Explorer
I've got an 8th level Druid who is due a feat (retrained to drop two levels of Wizard and Wizardly feats) and I was thinking of maybe an Item Creation feat. Are the Item Creation feats good for a Druid or will I get little out of it? In your opinion, which is the best one? Thanks!

Twowolves

Explorer
Scribe Scroll will expand your versatility more than you could imagine.

Craft Wand will expand your damage output and healing by leaps and bounds.

moritheil

First Post
Craft Wand is great for healing, but I'm a little leery of scribe scroll if you intend to spend most of your combat time wildshaped. Twowolves, do you have a way around that?

atomn

Explorer
Twowolves said:
If you are going to spend combat time wildshaped, why bother with item creation feats in the first place?

While I thought I might spend an average amount of time wildshaped, I was considering Item Creation feats because I didn't know what else to take. I have Track and Natural Spell and there aren't any Druidish PrCs that I was trying to get into, so I'm lost on what replacement feat to take.

RedFox

First Post
atomn said:
While I thought I might spend an average amount of time wildshaped, I was considering Item Creation feats because I didn't know what else to take. I have Track and Natural Spell and there aren't any Druidish PrCs that I was trying to get into, so I'm lost on what replacement feat to take.

If you don't know what else to take, grab Spell Focus (Conjuration) as a lame pre-req feat, and get Augmented Summoning. It's a really nifty feat for druids, since you can spontaneously use Summon Nature's Ally and with the feat all of your critters get +4 Str and Con for free!

Also, you might want to grab Eschew Materials if you plan on advancing to Epic Druid, just for the heck of it.

Also take a gander at some of the MM feats that work well for Wild Shape, such as Multiattack or Improved Natural Weapon.

Twowolves

Explorer
Goolpsy said:
Brew potion? Your allies would be able to use these too...

A druid in my campaign took Craft Magical Tatoo, which is a variant of the Brew Potion feat. It was widely used and MUCH appreciated, but that was also around levels 1-8, not sure how much use it'd be at higher levels.

Then again, a Barkskin potion at CL9 is always handy.....

Also, don't forget, the clerics, rangers and paladins in the party can use many of the healing wands you might make, if you take that feat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads