• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's a beautiful baby +2 Vorpal Sword!

babomb

First Post
So today, when I woke up but was still half-asleep, I suddenly and for no apparent reason got the idea of a sorceror who creates magic items by giving birth to them. I was intrigued by the idea, and put a little thought into it.

If someone wants her to make a magic item, he has sex with her (using his XP to make the item). The GP cost is for the ritual to pick which item to give birth to, and the length of pregnancy is the normal creation time. I'm not exactly sure how it works if she wants to create an item for herself or a female (though I have a few ideas Eric's Grandma might not appreciate). Unlike the creation rules, she can do other things while creating the items (i.e., while she's pregnant), but at a penalty.

I guess, alternately, it could be a male sorceror who impregnates women with magic items. Although he wouldn't have the penalty to do things from being pregnant and could even theorhetically have multiple items being created at once, he'd have to keep them around and happy with him long enough to get the items!

Thoughts?

Catavarie

First Post
This is one of those ideas that you read and wonder, "What drugs are you on? And can I get some?"

But seriously, I don't think that giving birth to magical items is such a great idea, afterall what about when the warrior comes along and wants a Bane Magicaly Creature +50 sword. I think that would just kill the sorcerer. Perhaps somehting along the lines of the item gets created in a magical portal of sorts that only the sorcerer has access to, but doesn't need to be present during creation.

realmprotector

Explorer
babomb said:
So today, when I woke up...

Woke up as in wake up. or Woke up as in came too after a night of drunken debauchery?

Either way it reminds me of that old Cosby episode where he dreams all the men get pregnant and he gives birth to a sub sandwich...

Hmmm a night of drunken debauchery...well gotta go! :cool:

Captain NeMo

First Post
Wouldn't that flaming +2 spiked chain kinda hurt? I've heard passing stones can hurt, but dayumn! Sounds like something out of a scandanavian death metal band's video.

Remove ads