• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's a beautiful baby +2 Vorpal Sword!

Kae'Yoss

First Post
ElvishBard said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the sword need to be +5 to have the vorpal ability? Cool idea though, for how creepy it is lol.

Can do. +1 is all you need. In fact, you can make it +1 with +9 worth of additional enhancements. Like +1 holy anarchic vorpal. Paladinkillersword. Hm....

babomb said:
You act like you've never had crazy dreams with patio furniture in a swimming pool or wall-mounted animal heads that come to life or anything.

No, not really. Or my mind had the decensy to repress it.

I mean, heck, The Cosby Show had a dream sequence where a guy gives birth to a sandwich. Seesh.

Or maybe you only dreamt about that episode :p

Turjan

Explorer
KaeYoss said:
No, not really. Or my mind had the decensy to repress it.
That's probably the case. It's a matter of training, most of the time. Usually, you remember these weird dreams directly after you wake up, but you have to make a conscious effort to keep them in memory. Otherwise, you will have forgotten them within about 2 minutes.

Runesong42

First Post
You COULD always go really wrong with this plan, too...

INSTEAD of paying XP, the Mage in question has to have sex with someone who would "have" enough XP to cover the cost, to the nearest whole level, rounded down. Once the host "gives birth", s/he is killed.

Examples? IDHTBIFOM, but I can guess that you could "do" 0-level commoners and get potions up the wazoo, but you'll need to find a 5th Level Paladin to get that +2 Holy Falchion. *G*

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
babomb said:
So today, when I woke up but was still half-asleep, I suddenly and for no apparent reason got the idea of a sorceror who creates magic items by giving birth to them. I was intrigued by the idea, and put a little thought into it.

If someone wants her to make a magic item, he has sex with her (using his XP to make the item). The GP cost is for the ritual to pick which item to give birth to, and the length of pregnancy is the normal creation time. I'm not exactly sure how it works if she wants to create an item for herself or a female (though I have a few ideas Eric's Grandma might not appreciate). Unlike the creation rules, she can do other things while creating the items (i.e., while she's pregnant), but at a penalty.

I guess, alternately, it could be a male sorceror who impregnates women with magic items. Although he wouldn't have the penalty to do things from being pregnant and could even theorhetically have multiple items being created at once, he'd have to keep them around and happy with him long enough to get the items!

Thoughts?

By Mystra and Sharress both, this feels interesting! However, (emphasis mine), methinks you should take these ideas hither. [/subtleplug]

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Turjan said:
That's probably the case. It's a matter of training, most of the time. Usually, you remember these weird dreams directly after you wake up, but you have to make a conscious effort to keep them in memory. Otherwise, you will have forgotten them within about 2 minutes.

Is that the sort of "training" that will permanently lower my maximum sanity?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads