• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's a beautiful baby +2 Vorpal Sword!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Don't drink and post, folks.

It always ends in tears. Mostly for the PC's I mean:

GM: "Your PC wakes up to find a note by the side of the bed -

Thanks for the wonderful night but I've got some bad news.
You're pregnant.
And it's going to be a breech birth.
Of a dire flail.​

Player: "But my character is MALE!"

GM: "I guess you should be a little less slutty then, eh?"

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
As a woman, the very thought of giving birth to a +3 battle axe or something sort of makes me cringe, but whatever floats yer boat... ;)

Kind of gives new meaning to "bastard sword" though, doesn't it?

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Djeta Thernadier said:
As a woman, the very thought of giving birth to a +3 battle axe or something sort of makes me cringe, but whatever floats yer boat... ;)

Kind of gives new meaning to "bastard sword" though, doesn't it?

In more ways than one! :uhoh:

Avarice

First Post
You know, I'm more than a little tempted to use this idea, if only witness the look of stupified disbelief that it will put on my players faces; and I have been looking for an alternative way to handle magic item creation for my new campaign...

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
Well, when it gets to coming up with more detailed mechanics for this idea, I wish you luck.

*ponders* "What would this mean for golem building and similar things?"

DMH

First Post
Well, I would not use the idea as is, but I do think it would work well with a creature like a deepspawn- feed it Levin (that magic goo in GR's new book) and raw materials and the object is emited after the standard creation time. The advantage is the creature has the equivilent of +30 on all needed crafting skills. Having it lay the objects in eggs like a xenomorph queen provides some nice imagery for parties.

Another idea is growing grafts on or in subjects...

Thanks for the ideas!

Seeten

First Post
Keeping in mind its a sorceror/ess and the very blood and tissue the item is gestating within is pulsing magic, I kinda like it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads