• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's a beautiful baby +2 Vorpal Sword!

DMH

First Post
I didn't mean it is useless or even meh. I just found the idea of chaos as the power source of anything to be strange. Chaos isn't power, it is randomness and, to physists, a conversion of stored energy to heat (a "loss" of power).

On the subject of the subject, why isn't there any in depth sourcebooks or pdfs on biotechnology for d20?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Wow, haven't seen this thread in a long time. I think I actually thought VERY briefly of doing something like this after reading the first post, but the rest of the thread kinda convinced me not to. Wouldn't do it on a regular basis, but a special occurance could certainly be interesting.

babomb

First Post
Gosh, someone brought this thread back to life. :eek:

In my defense, The Cosby Show thought of it first. And no, I don't use it in my game, but if I did, it would be more of a one-time thing.

DarkKestral

First Post
This thread is so wrong, something went right. That's really all I can say. Still, some of the variants of the main idea do have some interesting possibilities...

Which is why I added a quote from here to my .sig.

DMH

First Post
I don't understand the reluctance to use this stuff. What is the difference between someone drawing magical items from their bodies and illithids eating brains, aboleth slime converting skin into mucus, digesters spewing acid, carrion crawlers paralysing and then eating people, or chaos beasts converting people "into formless goo."

Gez

First Post
That's because aberrations are aberrant. While a sorceress PC isn't supposed to be an aberration. The prospect of a human (or practically human) woman giving birth to a sword or a suit of spiked armor is much more grotesque than the prospect of a giant caterpillar eating people.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
DMH said:
I don't understand the reluctance to use this stuff. What is the difference between someone drawing magical items from their bodies and illithids eating brains, aboleth slime converting skin into mucus, digesters spewing acid, carrion crawlers paralysing and then eating people, or chaos beasts converting people "into formless goo."

The jokes. No one would take it seriously. That's why people wouldn't use this idea. That's what this thread mainly turned into and I think the same would happen with virtually any group at home.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
This thread is hilarious, but scary.

I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry as I read it - and even though I tried not to I had to read it all the way through. :confused:

Remove ads