• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E It's October 1. Do you known where your spell cards are?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Our distributors don't have them yet, but our direct order finally came in. We now have the Arcane, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Paladin, and Ranger Spellbook Cards. Can't wait to check out the cards.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I notice the cards are organized by level, then alphabetically.

It is handy that the card backs for each class are different.

edit: I deleted my comment about no notation for rituals. They are marked for rituals.

Last edited:

wrenofwar

First Post
I guess I won't be getting my druid spell cards anytime soon. I am hoping for a good OGL just so I don't have to put up with companies that do a bad job with the monopoly WotC has given them.

talwynor

First Post
I have a different issue. All my cantrip spells in the arcane deck are reprints of second level spells and I don't have any cantrips. I just emailed the company. Has anyone else experienced this one or received a response if they have? I just went through the entire deck and its worse that I originally identified - cantrips through second level are either missing entirely or have the wrong spell level backer. Spell levels 3 through 9 are fine.

Last edited:

trystero

Explorer
I have a different issue. All my cantrip spells in the arcane deck are reprints of second level spells and I don't have any cantrips. I just emailed the company. Has anyone else experienced this one or received a response if they have? I just went through the entire deck and its worse that I originally identified - cantrips through second level are either missing entirely or have the wrong spell level backer. Spell levels 3 through 9 are fine.

A poster on RPGGeek received a duplicate card pack in the Arcane set (two sets of 3rd-9th level spells, no cantrips through 2nd-level spells): I gave them the e-mail address of Chris Townley at Battlefront Games (GF9's owner), since he'd responded to my e-mail about the Concentration issue, and they got a replacement set. (https://rpggeek.com/thread/1266814/many-cards-missing-many-duplicates)

Chris's e-mail address is chris.townley@battlefront.co.nz if you want to try direct contact. Please do post back here and let us know how it goes. Best of luck!

Guyanthalas

First Post
I decided to make my own spell cards. Mostly because it was a slow day at work (Ok, slow week), but also partially because I was worried about the reports about the spell cards referencing the PHB a lot. The spell cards I made (using Magic Set Editor) are done in a 3x5 index card size to hopefully cut down on that. However, even with that size I still have to reference the PHB occasionally.

To be completely fair, anyone who is making more than $10/hr is probably better off buying the GF9 cards due to how much time it takes to make them by hand (and type them up). The only reason I'd be interested in continuing this endeavor is to fix the concentration issue and to get more text on the card.

Can someone give me an example of a spell that shouldn't have to reference the PHB but does in the GF9 set? Some of these spells are walls of text, and I'm not sure if there is a good way to get around it.

Remove ads