• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

James M. at Grognardia (*incorrectly*) reports that Dave Arneson has passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

While I'm happy Mr. Arneson hasn't left us yet, I wouldn't be too relieved. In fact, I would suggest you still extend your well wishes and prayers (if that's your type of thing).

People rarely leave hospices. A hospice is where the terminally ill go for end-of-life care. I'm not terribly surprised the original source was confused.

I would even recommend you amend the title yet again to indicate this, lest casual readers think it was a simple error, like when they accidentally publish obituaries for famous folks prematurely.

Sorry about this, but I would hate for everybody to feel complete relief only to have that turn around again in a short time.

Gryffyn

First Post
According to both my friend and John Kovalic (via his LJ), Dave passed away quietly last night. Kovalic has posted information about a public memorial: Dork Tidings

darjr

I crit!
My condolences to the family and friends.

My thanks to Dave can never be enough.

edit: Can the title be changed? Or maybe the thread forked?

Sad news indeed.

Goodbye Dave. You will be missed. Thank you for all that you did in co-creating this great game that we all love.

Olaf the Stout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads