JA's "The Prince's Own" KerlanRayne/Theric Kort Solo/RG

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Theric will travel to the local authorities and present them the warrant. He explains to them that the decision has been made to take the countess into custody and remanded to prison because of numerous past crimes. He makes sure that more than one person is aware of the warrant and that it is directed towards the countess, in case she has ties to any of the authorities there.

OOC: I also updates the dishes listed earlier.

J. Alexander

First Post
The faces of the law enforcement officials do go pasty white as they are now neatly trapped bewteen two powers..one that is immedate and one that is even more terrible though farther removed. "Alert the men we leave within the quarter hour. full detail"..

is there anything else your require sir ?

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"I believe that once the countess is no longer an obstacle, it would be prudent to do an investigation into her properties to make sure there are no lingering "problems" for the next in line to take care of when they assume leadership of said properties. We wouldn't want any of the questionable practices to continue, would we?" Theric gives the officer a meaningful look. "Other than that, I would just like to thank you all for your service and then be on my way."

KerlanRayne

Explorer
I was wondering about housing. Are we getting quarters in a larger building or our own place? I was thinking about using part of the 1000 gp to secure a place for Theric to craft whatever he feels like. A studio / workshop for him to use when he wants. How much would this cost to buy or rent?

J. Alexander

First Post
"We shall conduct a very percise house cleaning sir he replies.

Quarters once accrepted will be in one of the royal residences.. You can find reasonsble work space almost anywhere in the city depending on your budget

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Maybe a small workshop in the craft district. Somewhere that a small forge wouldn't be uncommon. He could be working on anything there. Magic items, sculpture, forging, etc. How much would it be to buy a place? How much to rent for a year?

J. Alexander

First Post
Rent for a year for a modest work space in the tradesman district would run 150 gold pieces a year. to buy in the area would be close to 2500 gold.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
OK, I have updated the spending money post above. Not sure what that would leave remaining. If you have any problems with it or the other posts, just let me know.

After Theric is finished with his errands in the city, he begins exploring a bit. He focuses on the area around his future home, the crafts district, and the marketplace. He also observes others who are here for the same reason he is. He tries to get to know them as well. At night he studies the materials he has gathered.

J. Alexander

First Post
The crafts area you locate is some 2.5 hours walking distance from the Palace proper. by carriage or rickshaw your are pehaps 30 minutes and an hour respectively. The area is filled with young an up and coming crafstmen as well as solid established cratsmen.

Most of the candidates stay within the area know as a Green and all seem as excited as he is.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
I was wondering about a minor ability I would like Theric to have but didn't know if it would be covered by Prestidigitation or maybe have to create another cantrip for it. I think it would be cool and in character with his artistic inclination for Theric to be able to create smallish, obviously illusory objects. What I mean is that he could do things like hold out his hand and an illusion of someone's face would appear there that he wanted to show the others. It could be his father or someone he saw somewhere. He could put tokens or symbols on an existing map that they are all looking at to mark locations. Even a small illusory puppy to amuse a child. There would be no in combat use for this and they would be translucent so as to be obviously an illusion.

What do you think?

Remove ads