JA's "The Prince's Own" Scotley/Henry Northantis Solo/RG

Scotley

Hero
"I strive to be," Henry says simply. "I hope you'll have time to see me again soon. I expect I'll be needed a break from the palace soon enough. I suspect that working there will be most demanding."

J. Alexander

First Post
Walking him out of the study she says "You know my receiving hours and I shall be in touch about the party"..then as he is about to leave the house she touches his arm and says "The court is layered in deception especially among the royals themselves..be very careful who you consider a friend and who you confide it but above all always speak the truth to his majesty and the heir..you may be punished for doing so but it is your key to survival"

Scotley

Hero
Henry looks at her earnestly. "I shall remember your counsel always. I look forward to seeing you again soon." Upon leaving he makes his way back to the stables and sets about making arrangement to sell the horses he bought at a profit. He also makes a note to read up on his namesake. He will also send his father a quick letter about meeting his aunt and how things are going so far.

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Henry discovers that in two weeks there is a large auction of horses to be held which is when the best stock usually goes as the weekly acutions are more domestic oriented.

Letters are posted

Scotley

Hero
Henry decides to hold out for the superior auction and seeks out a simple rental for his servant. A small, but reasonably safe place within a distance to the palace that will not prove onerous. The place should have at minimum a sitting room and two bedrooms large enough for a desk as well as beds. Henry will put his servant in one room and have the other for personal use should the need arise. He'll pay for three months in advance if he can find something.

J. Alexander

First Post
Henry does find a small garrett apartment within an hours distance to the royal palace on foot and it goes for 25 gp a month. It contains two small bedrooms 12x15 a small sitting room 15x15 and two smaller rooms 10x10.

Scotley

Hero
Henry will take it. He'll pay for 3 months up front. The plan will be for Daniel to move in as soon as he can pack up their things from the tent on the green though accommodations may be a little spartan at first. He'll get William Deerrun working on some furnishings.

He'll also pen a note to his aunt Baroness Walking on recommendations for a banker who could serve Henry's modest needs. He'll set up a modest household account for Daniel's expenses and put whatever profits he can get from the leftover wine, spirits and expensive food stuffs he got for the in-vesture as well as the sale of the horses.

J. Alexander

First Post
A reply comes a few days later on heavily emobssed pale blue stationary with scalloped edges..

My Dear Henry,

Banking and Counting Houses abound here in the Capital. I would suggest either Lester Kane & Cabot or First Capital Bank. Both have excellent reputations and sound leadership.

Sincerely,
Maltida Walking, Baroness

it takes abou 72 hours after the current in game date for you to get him all moved in and squared away.

Remove ads