JA's "Wandering Hero's" - A Four Lands Adventure (Recruiting)

J. Alexander

First Post
I have gotten the bug again to revisit the "Four Lands" a world in which i have put numerous hours into developing. This will be a pathfinder adventure as it is the only system I have added to Hero Lab to date and I just love how Hero Lab takes a bunch of the stress out of fleshing out bad guys to abuse the party with.

My muse for this game is going to be simple. The party is a pack of wandering hero's / guns for hire with no set agenda no set loyalty other than to each other and I will have a lot of mini adventures to occupy them with as well already in mind. The kicker is this..a lot of your adventures are going to be totally random. What ever i roll and comes up on the charts is what your going to have to face in random encounters as you move about the Four Lands. Partly this is for me, it takes away the endless hours of having to plan something but it also allows for randomness that makes a game fun and always challenging..You never know if the next threat is going to be a hill giant or a pack of wild boars or some ferecious demon that kicks your butt and makes you run screaming to the temple.

Hope all that rambling made sense.

Looking for five to six players who can post once perhaps twice a week and help create a nice steady pace that is not all time consuming.

Character will start out at 5 level, you have to have some sort of rep already, and will use a 20 point buy. You may have equipment up to a value of 10k and magic up to a value of 15k with no item being more than 7500.

As this is going to be set in the past timeline for the world feel free to play a dwarf elf etc ... just no halflings...

Hope to hear from all of you guys..

Rhun

First Post
I have a dwarf fighter/rogue that I think would fit this type of game perfectly. He'd have to be rebuilt for 5th level, but if the concept fits the party, I'm interested.

kinem

Adventurer
I'll try it with a half-orc (if setting appropriate) or human fighter. I'm thinking of going with a dual scizore wielder. Kind of a silly style but it could fit in a game like this.

J. Alexander

First Post
kinem a half orc could work but i would lean toward human ..if you do go human i will let you buff him a little extra to make up for the no on the half orc..

Rhun

First Post
Hey JA, what are your character creation guidelines? I see the info on equipment, but what about stuff like point buy for ability scores, traits, and hit points?

kinem

Adventurer
kinem a half orc could work but i would lean toward human ..if you do go human i will let you buff him a little extra to make up for the no on the half orc..

If I'm dual wielding scizores there's a -4 penalty to attack due to dual wielding 2 one-handed weapons even with the Two Weapon Fighting feat, and an additional -1 penalty for attacking with a scizore. Perhaps a custom trait or feat to reduce those penalties?

Remove ads