JA's "Wandering Hero's" - A Four Lands Adventure (Recruiting)

J. Alexander

First Post
Hmmmm....i would be agreeable to a custom feat that would allow you to add +2 when used this way...but the catch is it will cost you two feats in order to get it and if you need to I will allow you to use your next feat in advance as the concept sounds cool. If you want a +3 to that then it would cost you three feats....does that sound good to everyone?

Rhun

First Post
I'm making some good strides on my PC. As far as background type information goes, where do dwarves generally come from in the Four Lands? I mean, I'm familiar with the setting, but only the modern incarnation, where dwarves and elves are shunned and persecuted. :)

ghostcat

First Post
How about an exiled elven ranger (archer). Kicked out of his tribe for crimes he did commit, he his reduced to roaming the four lands.

kinem

Adventurer
It was easier to build a fighter than my usual 'casters.

JA, so here's my build, which you can check for any balance issues arising from the new feat. Without that I probably would have taken Dodge, Two Weapon Defense, and Power Attack instead.

I assumed that we would get 2 traits, and didn't roll hp as you didn't tell us how yet.

[sblock=Yon Bakerno]Yon Bakerno, CG human fighter 5

str 20 (22) / +6; lt load 173 lbs
dex 15 / +2
con 10 / +0
int 10 / +0
wis 10 / +0
cha 10 / +0

init +2; move 20'; saves Fort +6, Reflex +5, Will +3 (+4 vs fear); HD 5d10+5; hp

CMB +11; CMD 23; add +1 for checks using scizore; total CMD 34 vs. disarm

AC 24 (+11 armor, +2 dex, +1 deflection); touch 13, flat footed 22; +1 shield to AC if using a scizore as a shield

attack: scizore +13 melee (1d10+10, 20/x2)

full attack: scizore +12 melee (1d10+10, 20/x2) and scizore +12 melee (1d10+10, 20/x2)

or sling +7 ranged (1d4+6, 20/x2; 50' range inc); move action to reload; 2 hands to reload

traits: Armor Expert (-1 acp), Magical Talent (light 1/day, 10 min)

feats: Two-weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (scizore), Weapon Specialization (scizore), Double Scizore Focus (x3), Double Slice

Feat: Double Scizore Focus
Prerequisites: Two-weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (scizore)
Benefit: When attacking with two scizores, reduce the penalty for two-weapon fighting by 1.
Special: This feat can be taken up to 3 times, and its effects stack.

Armor Training (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, a fighter learns to be more maneuverable while wearing armor. Whenever he is wearing armor, he reduces the armor check penalty by 1 (to a minimum of 0) and increases the maximum Dexterity bonus allowed by his armor by 1. Every four levels thereafter (7th, 11th, and 15th), these bonuses increase by +1 each time, to a maximum –4 reduction of the armor check penalty and a +4 increase of the maximum Dexterity bonus allowed.

In addition, a fighter can also move at his normal speed while wearing medium armor. At 7th level, a fighter can move at his normal speed while wearing heavy armor.

Weapon Training (Ex): Starting at 5th level, a fighter can select one group of weapons, as noted below. Whenever he attacks with a weapon from this group, he gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls.

A fighter also adds this bonus to any combat maneuver checks made with weapons from this group. This bonus also applies to the fighter's Combat Maneuver Defense when defending against disarm and sunder attempts made against weapons from this group.

Close: bayonet [APG], brass knuckles [APG], cestus [UC], dan bong [UC], emei piercer [UC], fighting fan [UC], gauntlet, heavy shield, iron brush [UC], light shield, madu [UC], mere club [UC], punching dagger, sap, scizore [UC], spiked armor, spiked gauntlet, spiked shield, tekko-kagi [UC], tonfa [UC], unarmed strike, wooden stake [APG], and wushu dart [UC].

The fighter’s class skills are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (engineering) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Skill Ranks Per Level: 2 + Int modifier + 1 racial

skills (ranks/tot): survival 5/8, perception 5/5, climb 5/11

equipment:
+2 full plate (+11 armor, max dex +1 (+2), acp -5 (-3)), 50 lbs, 5500 gp
+1 adamantine scizore (1d10 P, crit 20/x2, -1 to attack; can use as shield +1 to AC; +10 vs disarm), 5020 gp
+1 mithral scizore (as silver vs DR), 3520 gp
MW cold iron scizore (), 340 gp

belt of giant strength +2, 4k
cloak of resistance +2, 4k
ring of protection +1, 2k

sling, 0 gp
sling bullets (50), 5 sp, 25 lbs

everburning torch, 110 gp

-----------
periscope, 20 gp, 4 lbs

masterwork backpack (treat str as 1 higher for carrying capacity), 50 gp, 2 lbs
waterskin, 1 gp, 4 lbs
bedroll, 0.1 gp, 5 lbs
clothing, explorer's outfit, 8 lbs
clothing, traveler's outfit (x2), 2 gp, 10 lbs
compass, 10 gp, 0.5 lb
rope, silk, 50'; 10 gp, 5 lbs
MW manacles, 50 gp, 2 lbs
signal whistle, 0.8 gp
fishook, 1 sp

grappling hook, 1 gp, 4 lbs
flint & steel, 1 gp

bag, waterproof (x2), 1 gp, 1 lb

trail rations (6 days), 3 gp, 6 lbs
--------------

tot in "=" = 150 gp, 43.5 lbs

heavy warhorse, 300 gp
studded leather barding, 100 gp
military saddle, 20 gp
bit & bridle, 2 gp, 1 lb
saddlebags, 4 gp, 8 lbs; hold 250 lbs
animal feed, 10 days, 0.5 gp, 100 lbs

horse: AC 18 (t 13, ff 14); hp 19; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3; Init +4; Speed 50 ft; Perception +8
Melee bite +5 (1d4+5), 2 hooves +5 (1d6+2)

34 gp

tot 25,000 gp

description:
Yon Baker is 6'6" tall, with dark hair and dark eyes, and is 23 years old.

His unusual fighting style was inspired by tales he read about an ancient warrior who rose up from slavery and overthrew a tyrant.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Kinem, just a quick note, but it looks like you went over the 15,000gp limit for magic. Unless I misunderstood what JA meant.

kinem

Adventurer
In JA's BK game we could use the 'regular' money for magic as well, so I assumed we could here, too.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
In JA's KoB game we could use the 'regular' money for magic as well, so I assumed we could here, too.

Ah, gotcha. 25K just seemed a bit over the top for 5th level PCs, which is why I mentioned it. Not that I'm one to complain about too many magic items!

J. Alexander

First Post
Hit Points
Good idea :) lets go with max for all five levels.

Balance
I dont think it to be unbalance but i am not a rules lawyer per see, if anyone has any objections they may voice them and we can make any adjustments if i missed somthing..

Rhun
Dwarves usually come from the Eastlands but at this point in time they will have colonies, homes in both the borderlands and in the north.

Ghostcat
Could work very well...could be he was kicked out for convorting with Dwarfs :)

Magic
Hmmm was not my intent but no harm not fould it was made in good faith and i can make adjustments I just will consider your party a few levels higher for random encounters etc :)
so could be a very mixed blessing..the extra magic it is enjoy :)

Remove ads