JollyDoc's Age of Worms (Updated 11/30, Epilogue!)

As expected, progress is slow and taxing! Will they reach the big undead dragon with enough resources to actually pose a threat to him?

I hope we'll get an answer to that in gfunk's preview!

On another note, since there has not been a compilation of your Shackled City SH (at least I remember it that way), I have copy/pasted the articles together and tried to give them a standardized format in a Word document (RAR-compressed for better downloading). Maybe someone else with more talent than me can put it into a nicer, more DnD style format?!?

The only edit I made was in JD's summary of the final fights in Secret of the Soul Pillars, since they could not be left as they were - storywise. I put them into a "Grimm's journal excerpt" form like the end of SoS. Feel free to edit that part to your likings, JD, gfunk & Joachim.

Edit: Corrected an error. BTW, this story has more than 285k words! Kudos guys.

Attachments

• JollyDoc - Shackled City.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 618
Last edited:

R-Hero

Explorer
demiurge1138 said:
Grim's back!

...or is that old friend supposed to be Big Alice? ;)

Demiurge out.

Alice is a bit out of her league (Pardon the pun) without Hawk advancing in Paladin levels. She is only used for transportation now.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
As expected, progress is slow and taxing! Will they reach the big undead dragon with enough resources to actually pose a threat to him?

I hope we'll get an answer to that in gfunk's preview!

On another note, since there has not been a compilation of your Shackled City SH (at least I remember it that way), I have copy/pasted the articles together and tried to give them a standardized format in a Word document (RAR-compressed for better downloading). Maybe someone else with more talent than me can put it into a nicer, more DnD style format?!?

The only edit I made was in JD's summary of the final fights in Secret of the Soul Pillars, since they could not be left as they were - storywise. I put them into a "Grimm's journal excerpt" form like the end of SoS. Feel free to edit that part to your likings, JD, gfunk & Joachim.

Edit: Corrected an error. BTW, this story has more than 285k words! Kudos guys.

Thanks alot for putting this together, NWK. I really appreciate it. Haven't had a chance to read it myself yet, but G says you did a great job!

BTW, there will be no regular update this week, as Gfunk, Joachim and I are road-tripping to GenCon. The three of us will be running the first annual JollyDoc's Ironman championship on Friday. Any of you readers out there have time, and are in attendance, stop by! Joachim and I will also be competing in the Open again, hoping to reclaim our title. We'll have laptops with us, so we'll post the doings during the trip. Hope to see you at GenCon!!

gfunk

First Post
Sunday Night Update

This'll be a short one. In reality, about seven rounds of game time passed between the end of the last update and the end of this one.

Let's just say it involves a CR 20 creature gating in a CR 25 creatures who in turn summons two CR 20 creatures. Not do be outdone, the League brings in its own CR 23 monstrosity who is countered by a random CR 19 that kind of shows up to make mischief.

There's a whole lotta CRs going on tonight . . .

No prob, JD.

Best of luck to you on your GenCon Road Trip! We're all looking forward to you bringing home the Champion's Belt. ;) I think it's great that you'll be posting your progress for us!

gfunk

First Post
Greetings from GenCon! This is JD posting under Gfunk's name, since I'm using his computer. Today was day one, and the D&D Open was this morning. Joachim and I once again joined our teammates from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and the event seemed to go well. We made it to the final encounter, but time ran out before we fully completed it. We had no PC deaths, so we feel our chances of advancing our good. We'll find out by 8 am tomorrow. Gfunk joined a group of young upstarts and under his excellent guidance, no PC's died, but they didn't make it to the last encounter.

Later in the day, Gfunk and Joachim competed independently in the Dungeon Crawl Classics tourney by Goodman Games. Joachim pronounced it bogus, mostly due to his playing companions, which incidentally I gamed with in the same tourney last year, and I agree...they were pretty lame. Gfunk's group, however, did quite well, and stand a good chance of advancing. Again, they'll find out in the am.

Tomorrow is the first annual JollyDoc's Iron Man! We're chomping at the bit. Should be very entertaining. We'll keep you guys posted as events unfold.

gfunk

First Post
JD again. Well, we found out today that Aqua Teen Hunger Force ended up as first alternate for the semi finals tomorrow, however the news is not all bad, as we have been told that most alternate teams will be allowed to compete, so all is not lost.

The Iron Man took place today, and first place went to a guy who's power gamin skills brought a tear to even Gfunk's eye. He exploited a feat allowing the crafting of contingent items, in this case tattoos, and proceeded to own every round. Congratulations to the character who won...Veritas!

Joachim

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Congrats as well! You wouldn't mind posting those stats, would you? :]

We would if we could, but it would be impossible to recreate all of the contingencies he had on him. He had 2 levels of Paladin, and the equivalent of 18 levels of sorceror.

Remove ads