JollyDoc's Age of Worms (Updated 11/30, Epilogue!)

gfunk

First Post
Graywolf-ELM said:
And Gfunk, heading out for residency already? Are you a prodigy or something? Or is my sense of time all skewed from all these time stops.

GW

Actually, I'm in the middle of my intern year right now and will move to CA to specialize in my chosen field over the next four years. Everything was definitely on schedule -- I didn't skip any steps. Quite the contrary, at age 30 I'm a few years behind most of my colleagues since I chose to do a research stint prior to starting residency.

Besides, I'm obviously not smart enough to defeat Kyuss . . . :\

Look for the Epilogue to be up by this weekend, hope you guys'll enjoy it!

Really looking forward to your epilogue, gfunk.

I find it also very interesting, what impact this ending has on your campaign world. JollyDoc, are you going to use any of the meta-plot outline specified for Forgotten Realms in the web enhancements?

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
Really looking forward to your epilogue, gfunk.

I find it also very interesting, what impact this ending has on your campaign world. JollyDoc, are you going to use any of the meta-plot outline specified for Forgotten Realms in the web enhancements?

Yet another question that will be answered in Gfunk's wrap-up :]

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
I hope FunkyDocDoc has not been hit by those Broodfiend tentacles and forgot to post the mother of all epilogues... ;)

No, but he was hit by the flu and "the worst Thanksgiving ever," which he spent on duty at the hospital due to his wife being away in India. Hopefully soon.

Tony Vargas

Legend
JollyDoc said:
Kyuss was casting Time Stop as a sorcerer. The only problem with counterspelling is that you have to ready and action to do it, and then you lose your action for that round. I think the players wanted to deal out as much damage as possible.
Clearly, they did dish out an aweful lot of damage, yes - but never quite enough. If one of them were able to counter or interupt both Time Stop and Disjunction, though, I'm thinking it'd've been worth the loss of his damage contribution (or did they never get to the point that they were even able to do /half/ Kyuss's hps in a single round). As to the lost action, was there ever a round in which Kyuss didn't cast something worth interrupting?

But then, it's easy to second-guess after the fact. And, it is very difficult to challenge a party like that without actually overwhelming it (the line between trivial victory and TPK becomes, well, a line - with less expertly-powergamed and deviously played PCs, the DM has a lot more margin to work with).

Ika is right...to be pedantic in describing round by round can get boring, so I try and string related actions together to keep things flowing.
It definitely works and I hope you keep doing it. I just found myself wondering just how many spells/round the PCs (and Kyuss) were belting out.

Remove ads