JollyDoc's Age of Worms (Updated 11/30, Epilogue!)

Daag

First Post
Great update as usual.

Just another note, Ray of Enfeeblement is a penalty that can't bring your Strength below 1.

Daag

gfunk

First Post
Daag said:
Just another note, Ray of Enfeeblement is a penalty that can't bring your Strength below 1.

:lol: Ah-hah!! JD, you cheated again!! I guess that's what we get for gaming w/o Joachim. Thanks for the heads up Daag. We want to keep our reputation as rules-lawyers after all.

JollyDoc

Explorer
gfunk said:
:lol: Ah-hah!! JD, you cheated again!! I guess that's what we get for gaming w/o Joachim. Thanks for the heads up Daag. We want to keep our reputation as rules-lawyers after all.

IIRC I informed you that you took 8 points of strength damage, at which poing YOU informed me your strength was zero. Eat it!

JollyDoc

Explorer
Daag said:
Great update as usual.

Daag

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story...in any case, outcome would have been the same. I don't see STR 1 Faust resisiting the dragon's grapple any better than STR 0 Faust...and he still probably couldn't have supported the weight of his own equipment.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
In any case, great update. If anyone was just jumping into this thread, and haven't been reading your story hours for a long time. You might get the impression that you guys are quite adversarial. I really like the give and take, and player/DM perspective you guys give.

Thanks,
GW

JollyDoc

Explorer
Graywolf-ELM said:
In any case, great update. If anyone was just jumping into this thread, and haven't been reading your story hours for a long time. You might get the impression that you guys are quite adversarial. I really like the give and take, and player/DM perspective you guys give.

Thanks,
GW

You think THIS is adversarial?? You ought to sit at the table with us while we debate rules interpretations (ie...tonight's "discussion" about whether you could touch an incorporeal creature in order to dimension door with them without taking the 50% miss chance)! Our disagreements aside, this is the best group I've ever had the pleasure of gaming with, and Rich/Gfunk and I are coming up on our 8 year anniversary of gaming together.

BTW....congratulations to Gfunk who officially graduated from medical school today!!

gfunk

First Post
Monday Late Night Update

1. Havoc and Grubber rejoin us as we try to brainstorm how best to locate the phylactery vault w/o totally slaughtering all the Giants in the Citadel of the Weeping Dragon (uncharacteristically benevolent of us, I know). We decide an Ethereal Agent (Psion/Wilder 5) is the most economical solution.

2. Entry floor of Citadel empty. Check.
Descent underground = Ethereal Agent spotted and destroyed by mystery Blade Barrier

3. Another Ethereal Agent yields more info but meets the same fate as the first.

4. Buff-Scry-Fry strategem makes its glorious reappearance and it is beautiful to behold!!

5. We finally find the Vault and things are going peachy until the League decides Faust should try to Disintegrate the door . . .

gfunk

First Post
Graywolf-ELM said:
And Congrats on completing medical school. Now does that take you away from gaming to the rigors of Interning?

Thanks. I have to stay overnight in the hospital every 4th night for 9 out of the next 12 months so gaming will be affected. Joachim will be running an alternative campaign, "Red Hand of Doom," on the weekends that I'm out. Otherwise we will finish off "Age of Worms."

In fact I'm starting with a 2 week vacation so we won't be running AoW again until June 11th.

Remove ads