• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Kingmaker-Updated 7/4/2011

Newt

First Post
Well...let's just say that's not how it goes down at the table. There is some artistic license that is being taken in the retelling, to be sure.

So you didn't go into the castle ballroom and kill everyone straight up? :p

Keeping people alive means you can torture them later. Or bribe them, annoying when that works better than the torture. You can't have tortured them though, that would have made the page. Or a charm spell.. Damn wizards, taking all the work from the normal classes.

carborundum

Adventurer
OFF_TOPIC

Ugh. Now that sounds pleasant, and not worrisome at ALL.

The anaesthetist seemed rather blasé about it. It certainly was worrisome when she had been 'fixed' with a "blood patch" and had been lying still for six hours wondering if everything was okay - I mean - it's your spine, dude!

On trying to sit up, her blood pressure dropped to 80/42 and she practically passed out. THAT was scary time, but three stressful hours later she was feeling much better and seems to have made a full recovery.

Thanks for the concern :)

BACK TO MOX'S PRACTICAL APPROACH :)

Joachim

First Post
OFF_TOPIC

The anaesthetist seemed rather blasé about it. It certainly was worrisome when she had been 'fixed' with a "blood patch" and had been lying still for six hours wondering if everything was okay - I mean - it's your spine, dude!

On trying to sit up, her blood pressure dropped to 80/42 and she practically passed out. THAT was scary time, but three stressful hours later she was feeling much better and seems to have made a full recovery.

Thanks for the concern :)

BACK TO MOX'S PRACTICAL APPROACH :)

The wife and I have been through childbirth once (her second), and the more i hear from other folks the more I have to marvel at how smoothly things went. I'm glad to hear everything worked out and everyone's doing well. It should also be proof that God/Allah/Yahweh has a sense of humor when he allows gamers to procreate.

/end of real life...on to the killin's

Newt

First Post
Hey...we let the servants live!

You mean the ones who didn't get caught in AoE spells? :p

Unless they're all Genasi, Tieflings and Janni.. That would be useful since they'd be resistant to fire which seems to be the most common energy type used, but bad since they'd be willing to take you on, possibly even able.

Point is, negative energy would work better if whole sale destruction is your thing. Modify a fireball to use negative energy, everything dies. :]

javcs

First Post
You mean the ones who didn't get caught in AoE spells? :p

Unless they're all Genasi, Tieflings and Janni.. That would be useful since they'd be resistant to fire which seems to be the most common energy type used, but bad since they'd be willing to take you on, possibly even able.

Point is, negative energy would work better if whole sale destruction is your thing. Modify a fireball to use negative energy, everything dies. :]

'Cept for the undead. Or Shadow Dragons(aggravating buggers).

Nah, see, for wholesale destruction, fire usually works just fine - it has that side effect of lighting things on fire, y'know? This can occasionally have unwanted side effects, however.
For just killing everything ... force damage is second only to untyped. Much superior to negative energy damage - far fewer things are resistant or outright immune to force damage than anything else. Although, for those things not resistant or immune to negative energy, I believe that there are/were some feats that let you mix in or tack on negative levels and/or ability drain.

Supar

First Post
uhhh I can i just use this +3 holy baned falchion with power attack righteous might divine favor Inquisitor judgements weapon of awe heroism and 3 other buffs that cant be recalled atm

Remove ads