• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Rise of the Runelords...Updated 12/22

JollyDoc

Explorer
LordVyreth said:
Heh, "succubi are demons, right?" made me laugh.

So, how detailed were the town and the NPCs in the original setting? Were ones like the gossipy girl part of the original plot? It's interesting to have such an obviously non-European family in the setting as well; most tend towards western or Ye Olde Fantasy style names.

There are three distinct human races in Pathfinder: Chelaxians, which probably best fit the Eurpoean type; Varisians, which more resemble gypsies; and the Shoanti, which I imagine as Maori tribesmen.

LordVyreth

First Post
What an odd choice for them to make. Why only three? I thought it would be better to ignore race entirely and let people imagine their heroes as they desire or make sure there enough races to cover all real-world bases.

So what of the three is Tsuto's family? Also, what would've happened had Luther gotten on Shayliss' good side?

Zurai

First Post
There's more than that, actually. Those are just the three human "races" common in the Varisian subcontinent. Tsuto's family is another race that is from a country on a distant continent; they're a Chinese-inspired nation that hasn't been detailed much yet.

JollyDoc

Explorer
LordVyreth said:
What an odd choice for them to make. Why only three? I thought it would be better to ignore race entirely and let people imagine their heroes as they desire or make sure there enough races to cover all real-world bases.

So what of the three is Tsuto's family? Also, what would've happened had Luther gotten on Shayliss' good side?

Yes, I should have been more clear. These are the three main human races. All of the demi-humans are represented as well. There are other countries detailed in the Gazeteer, but these haven't been too as yet in RotRL.

If Luther had accepted Shayliss's proposition, not only would he have had some 'splainin' to do to her dad, but so much for that whole Vow of Purity thing...or is it Chastity? Abstinence? Anyway, the no-sex one. Ick!

Tony Vargas

Legend
Actually

Chastity = no sex

Celibacy = can't get married.

In rellgioun that forbid sex outside of wedlock, Celibacy would effectively include chastity.

Cerulean_Wings

First Post
JollyDoc, I've just read the first recounting of the story and I have to say it's got me intrigued. Hopefully I'll be able to continue reading and catching up to the tale :)

Say, would you mind divulging some info on the changes done to classes in the Pathfinder rpg? For instance, what's with Wesh's sword being useful to him as a wizard?

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Alpha playtest version of Pathfinder is *free* on Paizo's site and is pretty neat. My favourite elements so far - Rangers get a mix of favoured enemy and favoured environment and, excellent flavoursome crunch, the different bloodlines for sorcerers. Dunno about wizards and weapon proficiency, haven't read it all in depth yet.

Remove ads