JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

gfunk

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
There is No Teaser. Did you not play? :uhoh: :eek:

Meh . . . Sorry, didn't realize I was still responsible for those.

Tuesday Afternoon Update

1. The party, using little in the way of subtlety or guile, asks around the city about Vanthus. They are eventually approached by a shady character claiming to know information.

2. The party returns to Lavina's estate with said shady character, here they meet two new party members, a powerful warmage and Lavina's "main squeeze."

3. In a move that would be wholly uncharacteristic for the League, the party badly mistreats said shady character but not before extracting information (and taking his clothes).

4. A trip to Parrot Island leads to the party being trapped underground and surrounded by mobs of zombie pirates with a heck of a leader.

5. There is no exit. Or is there?

Last edited:

LordVyreth

First Post
Wow, it didn't take you guys much time at all for this Story Hour. I'm sort of relieved; it was interesting leaping into the last one mid-campaign, but it made it slightly harder to keep track of the early events. Some basic questions.

1. Any adventures in nomenclature this time? I noticed the characters aren't named after DC heroes, or Joss Whedon characters, or any other naming thing I recognize.

2. The change in heroic demeanor is interesting. Could you give us some hints about their actual alignments? I can theorize that Thrisp at least might be good, but it's possible he's just Neutral Cautious. And Ferox was really a worshipper of Bane? How would that have worked out?

3. I'm grateful that my campaigns tend to be home brewed, because it means things get a nice note of finality afterwards, and previous character, PC or otherwise, cameos can be limited. You guys have three campaigns worth of epic or near-epic characters running around, and I have to admit I'm curious as to how Doc's handling it all. What's stopping the Cauldron Gang from trying to stop Kyuss, or for Entropy to take one look at him and say, "Yeah, that's not happening?" Or has the way Savage Tide's been set up work well to handle this already?

LordVyreth said:
You guys have three campaigns worth of epic or near-epic characters running around, and I have to admit I'm curious as to how Doc's handling it all. What's stopping the Cauldron Gang from trying to stop Kyuss, or for Entropy to take one look at him and say, "Yeah, that's not happening?"
C'mon, it's Forgotten Realms. Level 20+ characters are nothing special. Hell, even the fields are worked on by farmers with 10 levels commoner. ;)

The end of the last campaign did a lot to clean up there, though. Elminster and the 7 Spinsters bye, bye, among others. :]

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
How long after the events of Age of Worms does the beginining of your Savage Tide campaign start? I'm curious about the chronology of all of your campaigns.

JollyDoc

Explorer
LordVyreth said:
Wow, it didn't take you guys much time at all for this Story Hour. I'm sort of relieved; it was interesting leaping into the last one mid-campaign, but it made it slightly harder to keep track of the early events. Some basic questions.

1. Any adventures in nomenclature this time? I noticed the characters aren't named after DC heroes, or Joss Whedon characters, or any other naming thing I recognize.

2. The change in heroic demeanor is interesting. Could you give us some hints about their actual alignments? I can theorize that Thrisp at least might be good, but it's possible he's just Neutral Cautious. And Ferox was really a worshipper of Bane? How would that have worked out?

3. I'm grateful that my campaigns tend to be home brewed, because it means things get a nice note of finality afterwards, and previous character, PC or otherwise, cameos can be limited. You guys have three campaigns worth of epic or near-epic characters running around, and I have to admit I'm curious as to how Doc's handling it all. What's stopping the Cauldron Gang from trying to stop Kyuss, or for Entropy to take one look at him and say, "Yeah, that's not happening?" Or has the way Savage Tide's been set up work well to handle this already?

1) No theme this time.

2) Let me see if I can remember off hand...Thrisp is neutral, Sepoto is LN, Gotr is CN, Samson is LN, Basil is LN. Ferox was not a Banite...had he lived, it would have been revealed that he found the shield. New characters being introduced: Anwar is NE and Marius is, I believe, LN...or CN.

3) This is actually what I love about our campaign. Our Forgotten Realms has wandered far afield from canon. In every game I've played/DM'd since 1992, I've incorporated aspects into the ongoing game. I enjoy former PC's taking on the roles of power, ergo no more Elminster in our world...no more seven sisters...no more Vangerdahast or Azoun, and now, no more Lords of Waterdeep. Our version of Faerun is fast becoming more like a frontier. Even the Harpers have fragmented into an orthodox group, and a vigilante group. Sembia is beset by civil war. Cormyr is a smoking ruin, for the most part. The Moonsea is in open warfare, though Hillsfar is the last bastion of Good there. The Dales are paranoid of all outsiders now. Waterdeep is now involved in a holy war. The land is rife with conflict and thus ripe for adventure. Therefore, all the heroes/anti-heroes have other fires to put out, or other, more far-reaching goals.

JollyDoc

Explorer
jeremy_dnd said:
How long after the events of Age of Worms does the beginining of your Savage Tide campaign start? I'm curious about the chronology of all of your campaigns.

I'm timing this one roughly 1 to 2 years after the events in AoW.

Remove ads