JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

Joachim

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
And kudos, as usual, for a chapter well written and nice actions by the players! Was it all you, JollyDoc, or was there really some roleplaying going on at the table? ;) I have two words to say to Anwar: neutral evil.

No, that was actually roleplaying at the table. Anwar (Gfunk) and Thrisp (me) are going to have an interesting relationship.

war wizard

First Post
Whoa! Wait! Stop! Hold on! And just one cotton pickin minute here….. :uhoh:
Role-playing at JollyDoc’s table? Horrors, say it aint so….

Repent! Repent! The end is nigh. :p

Good update, speaking of the end is Red Hand MIA or DOA?

JollyDoc

Explorer
war wizard said:
Good update, speaking of the end is Red Hand MIA or DOA?

Well, we still play it whenever Gfunk is out of town, but I think any SH based on it will be about as likely as Hawk and Entropy settling down and producing little three-eyed aasimar sorcerer-paladins.

gfunk

First Post
Believe it! Some more role-playing goodness this update!

Sunday Night Update
1. Thanks to some quick thinking and bizarre selection of known languages, our intrepid adventurers managed to extricate themselves from Parrot Island.
2. We quickly ask around town about the Lotus Dragon guild and are rewarded with a warning, "Mind your business, or else . . . "
3. Disguise skill + Bluff skill + Forgery skill = attempt to lure the bulk of Lotus Dragons out of their guildhouse
4. The party commits their first act of cold blooded murder. The slide to the darkside begins . . .
5. Search and destroy of the Lotus Dragon sewer begins in earnest.
6. Pinkus makes his triumphant return to wreak horrible revenge of Vanthus and his associates. ARRRRRRR!!!!!

gfunk

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Gfunk is playing a bard? I don't believe it. Is it some kind of impostor?

A Bard for a few levels at least. Prepare to see the first Disciple of Baalzebub if he survives that long. Not only that, you'll see some nice feats, spells, items, and prestige classes from the Book of Vile Darkness and Champions of Ruin appear with this particular party.

Supar

First Post
as far as the whole evil thing at the table goes all i have to say is JD should stop making it so danm profitable to kill :p

Tearlach

First Post
Hopefully some of the lads feel like sharing their stats, ala previous story hours too!

Thrisp and Gotr are my favs thus far. But I am a Gnome lover <_<

Joachim

First Post
Thrisp is only the second gnomish character that I have made in over 20 years of gaming. Thus far, he is showing immense potential to become the single most silly and simultaneously frustrating (to the DM, that is) character in the history of D&D, if he lives (not a sure thing)...if he survives I WILL LOVE IT!!

I will begin to post stats once he makes it to 5th or 6th level. Too much about 'secret' stuff that Joe will want to dribble out as the story goes on would be revealed if I posted him now. It's no secret to the players around the table, but it is to their characters and all of our faithful readers, so I will let JD keep you suspense for a little while longer...

Just know that he is a lesser deep gnome Beguiler 2 as of last night.

Last edited:

Schmoe

Adventurer
With the party being decidedly evil, it's going to be a lot easier for me to root against them. I don't think I would personally get much satisfaction out of playing an evil character. Even if you "win" at the end, is the world a better place? It will be cool to see some of the Book of Vile Darkness in action, though. I just know that if I were playing a Disciple of X, I'd probably be the Piffany version :D

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. Good luck!

Remove ads