• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judges Guild revival

Yeah, that list looks very ambitious. But that it's being designed for C&C makes it a guarantee that I will buy and use most of them. I'm quite excited about this.

Arnwyn

First Post
That's very... ambitious.

If C&C is that popular to support that many releases, then I suspect it will be a very popular line. It's also immune to any 3e/4e slump, since it's a different ruleset.

rebarton2

First Post
Jg

James Mishler has announced a 23-product revival of the Wilderlands of High Fantasy, with adventure modules, Class Guides [apparently rendering WoHF races and classes for C&C], Players' Guides, Judges' Gazeteers, Wilderness Guides, and so forth. These will be published by Adventure Games Publishing [new, I suppose] through Troll Lord Games. The link details the 23 products, but doesn't give ETAs.

Captain Howdy

Explorer
Mercule said:
Can't get there from work. What's it say?

Here is the post:

Coming in 2007…

Wilderlands of High Adventure

Campaign Installments, Adventure Modules, and Sourcebooks
From Adventure Games Publishing under license from Judges Guild and Troll Lord Games.

The first fantasy role-playing game campaign setting ever published — the legendary Wilderlands of High Fantasy — will be re-released in a newly revised and expanded edition.

Designed and approved for use with
Castles & Crusades

Based upon the 25+ year-long campaign of James Mishler — a primary author of Necromancer Games Player’s Guide to the Wilderlands and Wilderlands of High Fantasy Boxed Set — the Wilderlands of High Adventure campaign setting re-invigorates the classic swords & sorcery Wilderlands of High Fantasy setting with a modern, grim-and-gritty epic-fantasy style. Eventually, all 18 regions of the Wilderlands of High Adventure will be detailed in a modular series of campaign installments — including vast empires and savage wilderness to the smallest details of hamlet, dungeon, and grotto — and all elements can readily be dropped into any other fantasy setting!

From
Adventure Games Publishing
www.adventuregamespubs.com
(Website will go live soon...)

Fine products from Adventure Games Publishing, coming in 2007

The High Class Guides for the Wilderlands of High Adventure include all the classes that are found throughout most regions of the Wilderlands of High Adventure. Each book presents new classes as well as optional Wilderlands-specific versions of the classes found in the Castles & Crusades Player’s Handbook, plus new equipment, secondary skills, optional abilities, new spells, and other Wilderness of High Adventure-specific rules. 72 pages, saddle-stitched

AGP 01001
Amazons and Knights of the Wilderlands of High Adventure
$16.99

AGP 01002
Burglars and Burghers of the Wilderlands of High Adventure
$16.99

AGP 01003
Wizards and Witches of the Wilderlands of High Adventure
$16.99

AGP 01004
Prophets and Priests of the Wilderlands of High Adventure
$16.99

AGP 01005
Psychics of the Wilderlands of High Adventure
$16.99

The Judge’s Cyclopedias include new monsters, treasures, deities, timelines, historical maps, and other general setting materials that Judges need to run complete Wilderlands of High Adventure campaigns. 72 pages, saddle-stitched

AGP 01501
Monsters & Treasures I
$16.99

AGP 01502
Book of Unknown Gods I
$16.99

AGP 01503
Historical Atlas I
$16.99

The Player’s Guides to the Wilderlands of High Adventure include all general information a player needs to know about the specific races, cultures, regional classes, languages, realms, politics, laws, economics, religions, cults, guilds, equipment, spells, myths, legends, and rumors for an entire region. 48 pages, saddle-stitched

AGP 02001
Viridistan and the Falling Empire
$12.99

AGP 02002
Barbarian Altanis and the Kingdom of Antillia
$12.99

The Judge’s Gazetteers of the Wilderlands of High Adventure include information about each grand tactical region, including details on the geography, politics, religions, secrets, magic items, artifacts, hamlets, villages, towns, cities, castles, citadels, guilds, secret societies, lurid lairs, ravaged ruins, lost cities, and dungeons, plus tons of adventure ideas. Each comes complete with a full-color 17”x22” map of the region at a 32-mile per inch scale, covering nearly 400,000 square miles of adventure! 72 pages, saddle-stitched with map

AGP 03001
Viridistan and the Falling Empire
$20.99

AGP 03002
Barbarian Altanis and the Kingdom of Antillia
$20.99

The Wilderlands of High Adventure Wilderness Books series intimately detail and describe specific districts and domains within each grand tactical region, and include a full-fledged campaign adventure and several minor adventures set in the district. Each comes complete with a full-color 17”x22” map of the region at an 8-mile per inch scale, covering more than 20,000 square miles in intimate detail! 72 pages, saddle-stitched with map

Viridian Wilderness Books
AGP 04001
Book 1: The Satrap of Targnol Port and the Lords of Thistledown
$20.99

AGP 04002
Book 2: The Starrcrag Dwarves and the Obsidian Horde
$20.99

AGP 04003
Book 3: The Lady of the Lake and the Slithytove Wood
$20.99

The City States of the Wilderlands of High Adventure series completely detail the major metropolis and cities of the Wilderlands, including rulers, nobles, guilds, shops, craftsmen, temples, taverns, guards, thieves, and beggars, from the highest parapet to the deepest sewer. Each comes complete with a full-color map of the city state. 256-page HC

AGP 05001
City State Book 1: City State of the World Emperor
$39.99

The Adventure Module series of the Wilderlands of High Adventure continue the classic tradition of providing Judges with exciting, unusual, and detailed adventures for players to experience. Divided into the Beginner (1st-3rd level), Experienced (4th-9th level), Heroic (10th level+), and Campaign (1st to 12th+) Modules, these adventures provide the Judge with everything necessary to provide hours, days, or even weeks of Wilderlands adventure.

AGP 06001
Module B1: Goblin Warrens of Ukrak Morfut
32 pages
$10.99

AGP 06002
Module E1: Big Trouble in the Barradine Ruins
48 pages
$12.99

AGP 06003
Module H1: Against the Demon-King of Yahg Khosha
64 pages
$14.99

AGP 06004
Module C1: Valley of the Dead Queens
72 pages w/ map
$20.99

Titles, page counts, and Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price are subject to change.

Products are not listed in order of release — release dates are yet to be determined.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Actually, it may not be as ambitious as it sounds. Since much of the information that these supplements cover is already available (if I'm reading it right), then the bulk of the work may be C&C conversion, rather than coming up with new material (though I'm sure there's some of that).

I'm disappointed that the announcement doesn't include any products compatible with 3.5 as I don't play C&C. However, this is certainly good news to those that do.

Remove ads