• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

July 2006 WotC Releases--MM IV, Secrets of Xen'Drik, d20 Super Heroes

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Staffan said:
The standard length of a WOTC book these days is 160 pages. Eberron has seven religions listed in the core book (Silver Flame, Sovereign Host, Dark Six, Blood of Vol, Dragon Below cults, Path of Light, and the Undying Court). The Host consists of nine gods, the Dark Six of, well, Six. If we give each separate god the equivalent of half a section (so, 7.5 sections for the gods) as well as a full section for each of the Host and Six, as well as the other religions, plus one section for general stuff and one section on clerics powered by faith alone, that's 16.5 sections or about 9 pages per section (4.5 pages per god). I don't think it would be particularly hard to fill out that page count, especially if you include a prestige class per faith (not necessarily for each deity) as well as some spells/feats/magic items.

I agree, except they should trim each section and give us eevvviilll cultists of varied sorts. You know, to crush.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Pants,

It will be out well before MMIV that's for sure.

*thanks everyone else for the support for having stuff on religions, churches and stuff*

drothgery

First Post
Nightfall said:
Pants,

*thanks everyone else for the support for having stuff on religions, churches and stuff*

Toss me in the club of wanting an all-things-divine Eberron book. And Flamekeep: Citadel of the Silver Flame, for that matter...

Pants

First Post
Nightfall said:
Pants,

So... based on the fact that it's not out yet... it's already the best thing ever?

Not that I'm saying that Necromancer sucks or anything (far from it), but it seems a little... assumptive of you...

Psion

Adventurer
BrooklynKnight said:
That type of book really isint suitable for Eberron.

Unlike Greyhawk and FR, the Eberron deities really truly are more of an "idea" then a "fact".

Have you ever read F&A, Arthur?

Unlike DDG (a wretched and nigh useless book whether or not deities are "fact"), F&A went into glorious detail about the religion, its followers and observances.

Such a book certainly would be suitable to Eberron. Indeed, if I saw such a book, it would certainly sell me on Eberron.

Alas, I expect no such book. Donught cores and all that...

Remove ads