• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

July Errata is up

Magic Missile is autohit! What's old is new again.

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Official D&D Updates)

More interesting changes:

As suspected, the new damage/hit values from MM3 are here, in table form.

Several cleric abilities (Bless, Shield of Faith, and Purify) have been changed from standard to minor actions.

Tumble lets you shift your entire speed, not just half.

Dispel Magic has been changed from a daily to an encounter power, but Wizard's Escape got nerfed the other way around.

Good bit of errata to PH3 and the Tiefling book.

Last edited:

Lead the Attack and Windrise Ports get the nerf bat
Battleminds get the obvious fix
Brutes no longer get -2 to attack rolls
Magic Missile being autohit is interesting
You can only use a Free Action to make an attack once per turn

fanboy2000

Adventurer
I was recently joking with a friend saying that Magic Missile should be an autohit. What happened? Did Bill Slavicsek say to everyone "I know! Lets put out a bunch of numbered book for a couple of years like PHB2, MM3, DMG2, etc... and then screw with their heads by changing a bunch of rules and put out a whole new line of alternate class builds aimed at new players!" I mean, I like the changes, but this is weird, even for them.

Beckett

Explorer
Actually, the huge one is for barbarians (indirectly):

You're restricted to one attack as a free action per turn now.

Yeah, I think my barbarian player is not going to be pleased. On the other hand, critical hit leading to rampage/swift charge/free attacks from epic have been a bit much.

Obryn

Hero
At work = Can't download yet :(

Any nerfs to Disheartening Strike and ... what was it for Psions, Mind Thrust?

-O

Since they keep adding [-]errata[/-] rules updates to magic items that make their damage bonuses into item bonuses, why don't they just do the smart thing and make every item grant item bonuses to damage?

Sheesh. That's whay they should've done to begin with.

Items grant item bonuses.
Powers grant power bonuses.
Feats grant feat bonuses.

It would be a lot easier to remember that way, and you wouldn't have to worry about unintended stacking of untyped bonuses....

[/rant off]

Remove ads