• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[June] What are you playing?

Lazybones

Adventurer
Still two weekly NWN campaigns. About to release my beta Star Wars total conversion mod.

On the 360, just finished a season as the Kings on NBA2k6. Got eliminated in the second round again (doh!). Waiting for Dead Rising and Gears of War; until then I might go back and try to make it through another level of Ninja Gaiden (damn that game is HARD!), or try to clear the game with the next level of medals in PGR3.

WingOver

First Post
Victim said:
FreeSpace and Gunroar. I haven't seen any space games that match the FreeSpace series, and watching BSG got me on a star fighter kick. Gunroar is a free top scrolling shooter that's pretty fun for quick games.

I loved FreeSpace. Wish we could see a sequel.

Currently WOW is draining my life but I also downloaded Half-Life 2: Episode 1. Just finished it today. Pretty short but fun. Moves the story along and the graphics are amazing. Will definitely pick up the next episode.

Welverin

First Post
I finished off Psychonauts and moved onto Demon Stone which I should finish off soon (it's quite short, but entertaining enough).

Not sure what I'll focus on after that, though I may have to work on some Ultima V Lazarus, it's been so long since I've had some good Ultima action.

Victim said:
FreeSpace and Gunroar. I haven't seen any space games that match the FreeSpace series, and watching BSG got me on a star fighter kick. Gunroar is a free top scrolling shooter that's pretty fun for quick games.

Blasphemy! The Wing Commander and X-wing series were great space combat sims, and easily on par, though I considering the differences in play style I can see how they might not appeal to you.

TwistedBishop said:
Nintendo DS:
Both these titles are waiting on the Lite release next Sunday. I couldn't bring myself to play them on my DS Huge.

Odd, having seen a DS Lite (someone was selling them early), and having tried out the old one I don't see it being something to scorn.

Of course I should know better on Friday when I should have a chance to see them both at once.

WingOver said:
Currently WOW is draining my life but I also downloaded Half-Life 2: Episode 1. Just finished it today. Pretty short but fun. Moves the story along and the graphics are amazing. Will definitely pick up the next episode.

I'm horribly out of the loop, what's this about?

TwistedBishop

First Post
Welverin said:
Odd, having seen a DS Lite (someone was selling them early), and having tried out the old one I don't see it being something to scorn.

It's just a personal preference. The old DS feels terribly clunky and hard to see now. And I never liked the buttons.

Welverin said:
I finished off Psychonauts and moved onto Demon Stone which I should finish off soon (it's quite short, but entertaining enough).

Not sure what I'll focus on after that, though I may have to work on some Ultima V Lazarus, it's been so long since I've had some good Ultima action.

Blasphemy! The Wing Commander and X-wing series were great space combat sims, and easily on par, though I considering the differences in play style I can see how they might not appeal to you.
TIE Fighter was one of the best (at least at its time), IMHO.
Freespace had better technical features and I enjoyed playing it.
But my personal favourite is I-War (the first part, since I never managed to finish the second one). It has "realistic" space combat, complete with inertia and all. It was (and is) a challenge, but I enjoyed it greatly.

But back to the original topic:
Currently, I am mostly playing Galactic Civilisations. Unfortunately, I am too stupid/inagressiv to play at higher difficulty levels so far, which somewhat reduces my enjoyment of the game...

WingOver

First Post
Welverin said:
I'm horribly out of the loop, what's this about?

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you've heard of World of Warcraft (WOW) and you're asking about Half-Life 2: Episode 1. :)

Half-Life 2: Episode 1 is a continuation of Half-Life 2 released in 2004. IMO one of the best first person shooters to date. It had smart AI, physics, cutting edge graphics, lip synching with spoken dialog, and a cool story line. Episode 1 picks up where it left off and is a stand-alone, downloadable product available for $20. The graphics are stunning. It includes a "commentary mode" where you can click on icons in different parts of the game and the designers explain behind-the-scenes details of the game. I don't know if there's a demo but you can check it out at: http://www.steampowered.com/

John Crichton

First Post
Just beat Halo for the first time. Have Halo 2 right here. May pop it in soon.

Gotta pick up Out of the Park Baseball 2006 for PC.

More to come...

drothgery

First Post
I used a console as something other than a DVD player for the first time since I moved into my new place (which was in December) when I started playing through Xenosaga II (yeah, I know, old game, got it off the $19.99 rack at amazon, but I liked the first one, and III should be on the Last of the PS2 list).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads