• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jungle Deeps and Ocean Depths

Erekose13

Explorer
"Ah good idea, maybe a block of kindling would be helpful, though I dont know how easy it is to light a fire in the jungle." To Obar, "Is such a thing permitted by the natives?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Ah, a good idea, firestarting blocks. Yes, fires are permitted, provided they're kept under control. As for firewood... well hauling enough for several weeks would take a caravan, so you'd be better off burning what you find. But frankly I'd expect to eat many meals cold. I have some tiny little stoves that run off of lamp oil, which are big enough to boil a little water, enough for tea or kava, but not much more than that. Dry firewood can be hard to find.

"Steel weapons are a good way to pay the tribes, they favor daggers and machettes, as well as steel arrowheads. I have some of those here, and I know a good smith you can go to to get more," Obar says thoughtfully.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Well then we shall take a few of the firestarting blocks you mentioned, just in case things get tricky out there. Hopefully Ranuil is free, I am sure he could find some dry wood while we are out there. Hmm if you have some steel daggers here then we will take say about half a dozen for now. Then I guess we will go and round up the rest and see how much food we should bring." Undinar says, finishing his order. After that he will head back to the inn with Erik to see if he can find Ranuil and also see what the others are upto.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Very well then, that will be eight gold for four firestarting blocks and six daggers," Obar says, summoning one of his apprentices to go find your goods for you. Wrapping them up all in a neat package, Obar presents it to you.

"I will try to contact Ranuil if I can. If I am able, where should I send a message for you?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Undinar retrieves the pouch containing Winter's cash and pays for the goods that he has purchased. "Thank you very much for your help. I am staying at the Rainbow Bird and I am not easy to miss, please send a message there if you happen upon Ranuil before I. I will be sure to recommend your shop to any other foreigners who might be in need."

Remove ads