• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jungle Deeps and Ocean Depths

Morrin slowly found his way towards the Dwarven merchants, seeing a man he seemed to remember from the ship over. He stepped over, still keeping his distance some, and spoke in a calm voice as he saw the gems, "Beautiful pieces..."

Erekose13

Explorer
Undinar stands outside the white tent watching the crowd move slowly by. He inclines his head taking a deep breath of the wonderful smell of the sea still tempting his nose despite the aromas of the marketplace. He looks across the small number of shops that have already opened looking for a fresh fish stall. While eyeing the delicious foods arrayed, he maintians a watchful eye for any trouble that might arise but in this lazy early morning market such trouble seems like a distant memory.

WizWrm

First Post
While Winter speaks to the gem-sellers, Taesshan steps back to have a word with Undinar.

"Fascinating, isn't it?" he says. "I remember the same feeling after being dropped in Saradush for the first time."

"But we can't spend too much time enjoying the sights, if we're ever to find the spring. Our first order of business should be to find an inn," says Taesshan. "And, if I may, a tailor." He tugs slightly at his collar. "Water may be a great thing for you, but I'm sweating far too much of it in this weather, with this cloak and robes."

Erekose13

Explorer
"It is an interesting city. The others I have visited, Saradush included, were far too crowded and choked of all life. Here life thrives and seems to be trying to retake the land stolen from it. People need to learn how to live with the forest around them. But yeah I think we need to find an inn. I would also like to find a way to store these rather obvious weapons. Have you noticed that no one else is carrying any?" Undinar replies, thuroughly enjoying the warm humid air.

WizWrm

First Post
"Indeed. Perhaps we should inquire before casting away our weapons, however. It may be that foreigners are indulged in this matter, and I feel more comfortable armed than not, no matter how many spells I have at my fingers."

"So an inn and a tailor are in the order of the day. We might also, as I mentioned before, consult the local archives - we cannot be the first expedition into the jungle, and there must be something of a map. If that fails, we could pay for a sage to find what we can about the spring, though I suspect it may be more costly than we would like."

Erekose13

Explorer
"If you spot a guard wandering through this market place perhaps we can stop him to inquire about the weapons. I am just going to poke my head in to the tent for a second and inquire as to the location of a good inn and tailor from these well-to-do merchants." Undinar says as he ducks under the white canvas and tries to get the attention of one of the dwarves that Winter is not talking to.

"My good sir", he says addressing the dwarf he finds, "As you can see my friends and I are a bit new in this city and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of a fine inn nearby. Also, my friend is in need of a tailor, if you would know one of those as well we would be interested." Undinar says politely.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
dave_o said:
Inclining his head in a respectful nod, Winter brings that nation-toppling smile to his face. I do hope he is a push over. "Indeed, master dwarf. I've come a long way here, from the North, in order to perhaps procure some of these fabled Chultan gems. Obviously, you've quite a bit of talent in the area -- or, at least, know a few able scouts who could lead me to such riches?"

He stops a moment, straightening his collar, and lets his eyes narrow in slight concentration.

"Also, would you mind terribly if I cast a rudimentary spell or two, in order to determine any qualities these fine gems might have that you able hands may have missed?"
*The dwarf smiles shrewdly.*

"The mines, good sir, are at the home of my clan, the Goldfire. We've been mining gems for many generations there. Certainly there are the occasional small lucky strikes in other areas.... which are a trade secret of course. But should you be looking for a person to broker a deal with for northern trade, then Ultharis Goldfire would be interested in hearing such a proposition," he says, giving a small bow, his voice holding a hint of superiority. There's just enough of a hint of gray in his beard along with his unconscious attitude to make you think he's probably not going to be a push-over, though he does seem to be sincere. "But as to spells... what magic would you need to cast?"

WhatKu said:
"Just some spiced wine and a good stew, along with rooms for me and my compainon. We will just wait in the common room."Gesturing for Dorcha to come with him, Halark grabs a seat at an empty table, as close to the others as he can find, and waits for his food.
*Crilly smiles and nods.*

"I will have your rooms ready for you when you've finished your meal," she says pleasently, then vanishes behind the bar.

*A moment later a much younger girl that bears a strong resemblance to Crilly comes out with an elegantly painted blue and green pottery bowl full of fruit. There's oranges, nectarines, peaches, kiwis, bananas, star fruit, and some large round red berries with a somewhat tart and refreshing taste.*

*A few minutes later the serving girl comes back with two bowls of fish and vegetable stew, and then goes back for two elegant blue glasses of the briskly spiced wine. Strangely enough the spices leave your mouth feeling cool and pleasent.*

*You end up sitting near two Chultan men that are eating fruit and conversing. Both are elegantly dressed in silk, one in closely-cut shades of blue to show off a fit and muscled frame on the younger of the two, and the other in looser yellow robes. Both wear massive gold jewelry, particularly the man in yellow. The two men seem to be familiar with each other.*

*They're speaking in Chultan, commenting on matters of trade, interspersed with comments about their friends and aquaintences. One item of interest does come up though.*

"It has been the second ship that Wenbo lost this year. Everyone tells him to not run too close to the coast, but he insists on taking them the Kraken's Way. He's fast, I'll grant him that, but if he keeps up these dangerous, foolish stunts I'm taking my business somewhere else. I won't waste my goods on a fool," the man in yellow complains. The conversation then turns to other fools (a rather subjective topic) in the men's trade, which seems to be silk.

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Morrin slowly found his way towards the Dwarven merchants, seeing a man he seemed to remember from the ship over. He stepped over, still keeping his distance some, and spoke in a calm voice as he saw the gems, "Beautiful pieces..."
*One slightly younger dwarven man near your side of the tent nods and smiles at you, geasturing for you to come over and look more closely.*

Erekose13 said:
"If you spot a guard wandering through this market place perhaps we can stop him to inquire about the weapons. I am just going to poke my head in to the tent for a second and inquire as to the location of a good inn and tailor from these well-to-do merchants." Undinar says as he ducks under the white canvas and tries to get the attention of one of the dwarves that Winter is not talking to.

"My good sir", he says addressing the dwarf he finds, "As you can see my friends and I are a bit new in this city and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of a fine inn nearby. Also, my friend is in need of a tailor, if you would know one of those as well we would be interested." Undinar says politely.
*A younger dwarven merchant seemed to be geasturing to someone, but broke off at your question. He seems somewhat puzzled by your inquiry, but comes together quickly.*

"Ah... yes. A tailor and inn? The Rainbow Bird is very fine, the Master Jeweler himself stays there. I've taken a meal or two in the Silver Falls Inn, excellent beer, and there's the Jeweled Parrot too, they have some wonderful entertainers there. I'm afraid I don't know more, I've been rather busy working since I came here and haven't had too much time to look around. I don't know about a tailor at all. My wife makes all my clothes and does a fine enough job I've never needed a tailor," he says, the last with pride in his voice. To his credit his red silk tunic and trousers and gold vest are very well made.

Last edited:

dave_o

Explorer
Winter smiles, giving the dwarf a nod along with a happy clap of the hands. "A deal with the North indeed, friend. I hail from Waterdeep, and am most certain that these pieces could fetch a hefty price on the market, with profits for both you and I. As far as the spells, I'd merely like to set a few readings upon these gems, to determine their possible use in an arcane setting."

Turning his head to the side a bit, he arches a slender brow at Undinar, smiling. "Prince Undinar, you've been on my payroll long enough to know that I'm quite the tailor myself." He laughs, gently. "What is it, precisely, you need?"

OOC - Winter plans to cast a simple Detect Magic.

Last edited:

Morrin smiles and takes a step forward to inspect the gems. For some reason, gems have always interested him, though he never truly knew why...it just was. He knelt down a moment to look a bit closer at one of the gems, holding the smile, "Beautiful and amazing...sometimes it seems like things such as these gems are too easily ignored in the world," he found himself idly looking over towards where Winter was, still not saying anything but swearing he recognized the man from the ship.

Remove ads