• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kalamar losing popularity?

johnsemlak

First Post
Nightfall said:
I'm sure though some day FFG will put out a nice atlas for Midnight and maybe Dawnforge later on. Well I HOPE they do.

Maybe, it would be nice. I'm not sure that either one of those settings are or will be established enought to have that much of a product line. Midnight is getting htere. Still, both settings seem to be 'niche' settings to me.

Personally, I think Scarred Lands might be more realistic, as it's a bit more established by now.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Don't have to tell me John which one is more realistic to me. :) Cause I do live there almost 24/7. (I do sleep now and again. ;) )

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Another thing I really like about Kalamar is that the campaign book for the DM and the guide for the players are two separate books. It would be great if this were the industry standard, although the constraints of the OGL licence and the realities of the uncertain nature of this industry make this another unrealistic hope.

So, I'll just close by saying, please go out and buy several copies each of Midnight and Dawnforge so that FFG do well enough to publish atlases for these two worlds.

Sayburr

First Post
The Atlas is beautiful, isn't it. I would like to say that KenzerCo took a financial hit because of that book. They knew they would not make any money on it and most likly not even break even, but it was something they wanted to make for their world. I would love to see Atlas for other worlds, but it is a poor business decision so I doubt you will ever see it again. Even KenzerCo decided not to repeat the publication of a printed Atlas with their HackMaster line (Garweeze Wurld) and instead went with PDF for the product.

Arnwyn

First Post
Treebore said:
Haven't the FR fans noticed that the newest Kalamar product is written by the father of the FR's?
Absolutely, and I (like Faraer mentioned above) bought Geanavue sight unseen - and I shall do so with Loona when I see it (of course, it helps that these books are city supplements and easily insertable into my FR game).

Remove ads