[KAUAI]The Rod of Seven Parts: Of Hexes and Gems

Rino

First Post
SlagMortar said:
With a wry grin he says, "Well, my armor weighs more than you do, and it's a little hot and stuffy for a casual sit in the bar. Believe it or not this is the first time I've been attacked by giant wolf spiders while having a beer."

Brakkus goes ahead and puts on his armor, just in case there is a follow up attack. He also grabs his guisarme and tower shield.

Dter sees the man he just healed put on so much armor do you think you are safe in that? said with so much sarcasme while compairing his shield with the towershield

Ambrus

Explorer
"Good to know this don't happen too often." Still dripping ichor and gore, Maelicent abandons the garden and starts to follow the misshapen dwarf back into the festhall. "Wand. Right." What's a wand? "So Lewit has the wand? And who's he?" I kinda wish more spider-things would show up. Killin giant bugs was easier than getting some straight talkin out o this bunch...

SlagMortar

First Post
Dter sees the man he just healed put on so much armor do you think you are safe in that?
"Safer than without it," he says with a smile. "My armsmaster said you can never have too much weaponry as long as your horse can carry it. Chop Liver here ain't worth much, but he can do that. Hopefully I won't have to trouble your god for healing quite so often."

"So Lewit has the wand? And who's he?"
"Lewit's the guy with the rapier, chess set and dazed look. Gamad, the dwarf flashed the funny colors before coughing up a lung, is the one with the wand."

Brakkus follows the others back into the Cockatrice, his guisarme in hand and his shield slung over his back.

Ambrus

Explorer
Seem to be finally makin some headway here. The goblin warrior tosses his head towards the newly armored giant-kin who'd just strapped a door to his backside. "Ah. So who you be then and what's a wand good fer?" Coming out of the kitchen door back into the main taproom, Maelicent pauses next to the dead spider-wolf carcass lying atop a collapsed table. The small goblin picks up one of its eight limp chitinous legs to examine it curiously. Hm. Light. Grasping it in both hands, the goblin tries to bend or snap it. Strong. Slight curve. A bit o flex to it. Nice black sheen to it too. Hm.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Pilgrim Kobold Paladin of Bahamut

Pilgrim lets out what may be a snicker from his mouth. "I'm no mage but aren't they used tp poke goblins with?" He says coming down the stairs from his room with his equipment.

Ambrus

Explorer
Maelicent scowls menacingly and brandishes one of his black fletched arrows at the impudent lizard-kin. "If that's all it be then take a good look at me lizard-wand." The Gudwulf warrior knocks the arrow to his long-bow's string. "Want a closer look see?"

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Voadam points to the demons who entered from the kitchen. "These two said the Queen wanted her segment back." Voadam turns to the purple dead spider "This one who disguised himself as a mortal swore by the demon lord Xiphid. I know a little of this lord and have striven to block his rise back to power after he was freed. I don't have the complete context of the Queen but it sounded like Traven here knew of the Queen but served or had contact with Xiphid. It is a little ambiguous but sounds like two demonic factions seeking an item of power that was once the Queen's.

Voadam points to the men on the ground These men could be cultists seeking the wand for their demonic masters, or simply men who believe it to be valuable and working for themselves or others. He shakes his head considering I know of one demon Queen of Spiders, the patroness of drow elves, but I have not heard of these spider wolves. It is possible they work for her but I cannot say for sure. All of them could be working together or at cross-puposes but they all wanted the wand. I intend to block the rising demon lord from getting his hands on it.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Voadam turns to address Malecint's question "Wands are magical tools for spellcasters." Voadam draws his. "They allow the channeling of specific magics independant of a spellcaster's own power. Some do need to touch a target to release their magic, but others do not and can be used to cast spells at a distance. Some hold beneficial magics, others hold malign. Now then, what can any of you tell me you learned outside in the garden?"

SlagMortar

First Post
So who you be then
The Gudwulf warrior knocks the arrow to his long-bow's string.
"I'm Brakkus Erikson from Gwyund and there will be no need for that. Which reminds me, Rino, what did you mean by hitting Frane in the back during the fracas?"

Rino

First Post
Dter repleys "The name is Dter Spiritbreaker and I'm in service of Lodi, and just travelling through these lands when I met you all in that bar."

to Brakkus "That spider came out of knowhere and he was going to break out the bar. And since I was sitting next to the kitchen he had to go past me. But I must say I took my swing a bit to early then was needed"

Last edited:

Remove ads