• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[KAUAI]The Rod of Seven Parts: Of Hexes and Gems

Ambrus

Explorer
Having cut the first one free, Maelicent grabs a second giant spider leg and continues his grisly work as he swears an oath and poses a question to his fellow wolf-spider killers. "By the maw... Are they gonna wanna fight for the fancy stick too?"

Ambrus

Explorer
Maelicent stops his butchering and, misunderstanding the lizard-kin's intent, gestures towards Pilgrim with his bloody axe head. "Yeah. Yeah... It's prolly not a good idea for ye to talk too much to em. You might piss em off with your ways..." The goblin is about to return to his task when he snaps back at Pilgrim. "Hey! How'd you know my tribe?"

Voadam

Legend
"I have not been here long enough to have a sense of the local powers of the city. Who will get involved now that demons have emerged in the city? What are the guard likely to do here? I do not want the wand confiscated."

BRP2

First Post
H. Lewit thinks to himself for a moment. He walks over to a table and with spare chess pieces in his pocket, starts to play out a small game as he speaks.

"Okay... If you don't mind my sudden and undeserved station of power; albino, goblin, and kobold, leave with the wand without the big folks seeing you. If you have the skills for it find the Racid fellow, find him, but its alright if not. Wildman and I and whoever else willing speaks to the big folks about the incident.

Never let them know that we have the wand, but I'd like to bait out whoever is interested in it, if such a person or people exist. So mention we saw it and one of those thugs hencies who got away early has it. We use the main thug over their in ropes to see if his gang is suddenly being targeted by the big folks. Don't mention Racid, we want him for ourselves. And don't mention the buggies wanted the wand either. We all meet up outside here the next day if the group of short ones find a hot trail."
He puts the pieces away, but one. Or I could be quiet he says then sticks the head of the piece into his mouth.

(Ooc: Nicknames... Wildman=Voamad, Goblin/Albino/Kobold=(duh), Big Folks=Any form of Police or government. Despite H.L. being both albino-like pale and short for his race, he uses both terms without irony)

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Pilgrim: Kobold Paladin of Bahamut

Ambrus said:
"Hey! How'd you know my tribe?"
Pilgrim smiles and says nothing.
"I say we await the guard. I admire your efficiancy Gudwolf. You are a credit to your tribe." He says and hops to the doorway of the Inn.

He looks at the human who just spoke and says, "I can hold no one here but I must stay. I agree however that someone needs to find Rancid. By the way. I am Pilgrim, son of Tassomyre, Paladin of Bahamut the lord of the skys"

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Voadam looks surprised and peers down at the kobold, giving him an evaluating look. "You're a paladin? As in a divine champion of Good?" He considers for a moment, scowling, then asks. "I have worked with paladins before of different orders. Can you hold your tongue on the wand? We do not know yet whether the guard can be trusted. They may lead us to men of power who know of demons and fight them. Men who may aid us. Or they may be wittingly or unwittingly working for evil men of power who would covet the wand for dealing with the demons. I am too new to the city to know whether the guard and city's men of power are corrupt or noble. I do not want a cultist to gain the wand simply because he is a ruler of the city who can command men of the watch."

BRP2

First Post
"Oh my, a Paladin? I suppose asking one of them to run away is improbable for them." He punches his own head slightly. "Well, lying could be a problem too as Wildman said. Try not to... mention we have the wand? That is if anyone plans to follow the plan I cooked up. Using of those thugs as bait for any potential cults in power would be nice."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Pilgrim: Kobold Paladin of Bahamut

The Kobold smiles and shakes his head. "All I know for sure is that these spider demons attacked and a group of us killed them. They whys are unclear at this time but we are looking into it." He says and points out the door. "I'm assuming you don't want this Rancid to get away do you?"
They don't understand. I'm the child of a dragon. By nature and learning I understand the bigger picture. He thinks to himself

Remove ads