• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keen Weapon question

Lucius Foxhound

First Post
What would the critical threat range be for a Keen Scimitar +2 for a fighter with Improved Critical (scimitar)?

Normally, a scimitar is 18-20 x2.

Do these bonuses stack?

kreynolds

First Post
Your threat range would be 12-20. Yes, they stack. You double the original threat range twice, so it would look like this: 18-20, keen 15-20, keen improved crit 12-20.

Arcanus

First Post
Where would Assassins Senses or Ki critical ranges fit in to that?

If only to confuse. I ususally add Assassins Senses in last.

Arcanus

First Post
a spell from Relics & Rituals that gives the caster a +1 to his threat ranges and +1 to his weapons critical multiplier.
When you cast it the spell applies to each weapon you are using.

Sejs

First Post
I would add the Assassin's Senses modifiers in last.

Scimitar: 18-20/x2.
Keen Scimitar: 15-20/x2.
Keen Scimitar, wielder has Improved Critical (Scimitar): 12-20/x2.
Keen Scimitar, wielder has Improved Critical (Scimitar), and has a Assassin's Senses currently active: 11-20/x3.

mikebr99

Explorer
Well, the ki critical would definetly stack... ie. give another +2 (if you already have Imp. Critical feat, as you noted) to the threat range as noted in the Weaponmaster PrC in S&F.

Arcanus

First Post
I dunno but if I was a Weapons Master and had a threat range of 9-20 with my Keen, Imp Crit, assassins senses active, scimitar then I WOULD BE THE "ONE" DOING ALL THE SUBTRACTING!
Maybe a little divide & conquer and then sum muylitiplying later that evening.

That would be my standard order of operations.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads