• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep on Shadowfell pre gen PC's

Nymrohd

First Post
Well since it is before the core books, each character will also come with a lot of crunch about playing his class and race from level 1-3. That certainly takes some space if they want to give a few options.
I would very much hope if they have space concerns that they would give us a web enchancement with more characters.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Larrin said:
if you're playing with 6-9 people you've probably had to wing it more that once, you shouldn't have much trouble,
Agreed. However, 'winging it' for a system you are very familiar and comfortable with is very different than makeing stuff up for a system that you haven't seen the rules for.

One way or another, I will make it work. I'll just be much happier if I don't have to fake it.

Sitara

Explorer
Classes will be the following:

Fighter (Martial Defender)
Wizard (Arcane Controller)
Cleric (divine leader)
Rogue (Martial Striker)
Warlock (Arcane striker)

That should be that. Warlord wont be in because the cleric is already a leader and he will be in.

DJCupboard

Explorer
Sitara said:

That should be that. Warlord wont be in because the cleric is already a leader and he will be in.

That's why I ommitted the cleric in my guess. I'd imagine they'd want to show off the new stuff.

kennew142

First Post
Sitara said:

Fighter (Martial Defender)
Wizard (Arcane Controller)
Cleric (divine leader)
Rogue (Martial Striker)
Warlock (Arcane striker)

Where did you get this list? I can see the point of wanting to write up Fighter, Cleric, Wizard and Rogue (to cover the classic four classes), but I could also see them wanting to show off the warlord.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I think it would make sense to provide one character of each major race, maybe two humans, and probably one character of each class.

So you've got:

Tiefling Warlock
Dwarf Fighter
Eladrin Wizard
Elf Ranger
Dragonkith Warlord
Human Rogue
....and the rest?

Nymrohd

First Post
Well tbh if it is just 5 classes they will probably be those 5, with the warlock most likely being a tiefling. But still you can never be sure beforehand unless you have a source.

Sitara

Explorer
Nope, I'm just conjecturing. Howevr, IMO its pretty obviousl.

And as for showing off the warlord, I think they will deliberately keep it under wraps...all the more reason to buy the new edition to check out the new class!

(thouhg if you want a preview of the warlord, check out the noble class in SAGA)

Mercule

Adventurer
I would not be surprised to see additional pregens as a web enhancement. The question is, will they appear as general content, or DDI-only.

Remove ads