Keep on the Shadowfell for FR and Eberron

PeterWeller

First Post
Shroomy said:
I have a feeling that the philosophy that everything in D&D is in Eberron (and technically, it was everything in core D&D is in Eberron) will also be carried over to the FR. It makes sense for the two main settings to feature all those elements, even if they are somewhat modified to fit into the actual campaign settings. I think we'll actually be seeing this kind of mission statement in all the future campaign settings.

FR has always worked this way. It just wasn't as explicitly stated in the 3E days. It's worked this way since it became the "default" during 2E.

TheSleepyKing

First Post
They've made it pretty clear in past statements that that is the policy -- everything in core is in both Eberron and FR (which means that we'll probably have warforged wandering the Realms).

I wonder if the FR conversion is for the 3E or 4E Realms timeframe?

Shroomy

Adventurer
PeterWeller said:
FR has always worked this way. It just wasn't as explicitly stated in the 3E days. It's worked this way since it became the "default" during 2E.

Very true, now we'll just get the explicit statement.

jelmore

First Post
WotC_GregB said:
For Eberron, there are a few Eberron-specific creatures, an intrigue-laden plot, and two additional pre-gen characters.

Wouldn't it be interesting if one of the pregens was based on a draft for a 4E Artificer class? I know it most likely won't be; but imagine the Eberron fans' reactions.

There have been rumors that an Artificer writeup might be on DDI before the Eberron campaign books ship. I'd pay for a month of DDI in order to get my hands on that...

Mort_Q

First Post
jelmore said:
Wouldn't it be interesting if one of the pregens was based on a draft for a 4E Artificer class? I know it most likely won't be; but imagine the Eberron fans' reactions.

There have been rumors that an Artificer writeup might be on DDI before the Eberron campaign books ship. I'd pay for a month of DDI in order to get my hands on that...

I'd guess Shifter Ranger and Warforged Warlord... but that's just a guess.

Spatula

Explorer
Fitting KotS into Eberron looks to be pretty easy.

[sblock]Location: Any remote mountain region. The Seawall mountains (seperating Breland & Zilargo from Darguun) and the Greywall mountains (seperating Breland from Droam) fit in nicely, especially the former, given the goblin tribe guarding the keep.

The Keep: Abandoned during the Last War, as it doesn't guard any strategically useful location (since it was built only to guard the portal). Or it could date back to the ancient goblin empire.

The portal: links to a particularly nasty portion of Mabar, Eberron's darkness/shadow/negative energy plane.

Kalaran, his cultists, and undead lackeys: Blood of Vol cultists, rather than worshipers of Orcus.

Another option would be to make Orcus an imprisoned Rajah, and Karalan & company Dragon Below cultists. Maybe they need to tap into the heart of Mabar in order to power an eldritch machine that will free their imprisoned master, or something.[/sblock]

Remove ads