Keep on the Shadowfell preview

Gargazon

First Post
Derren said:
Its a rather bad fix. This way its still possible for the paladin to stay back and pelt the enemy with ranged attacks while also dealing automatic damage to it.

It ain't automatic damage unless the creature attacks someone other than you and, seeing as you can attack it, it's likely it can find a way to attack you back.

Let's remember the monster also knows full well what the Challenge you've imposed on it does (as per the Powers Excerpt) so unless you're playing your monsters dumb it's going to try and find a way around this problem.

Primal

First Post
Sojorn said:
!!!!!!

Ranged? Long live the throwing dagger rogue!

So you throw a dagger in a "tricky" way, and get to move the target? How does it happen? You throw the dagger and he has to move in order to dodge it (even against his will -- note that in some cases it would be more reasonable just to take the hit)? Or is the throw so mightily powerful, that when your dagger hits, the target (regardless of its strength, size or weight) is knocked out of its socks?

keterys

First Post
Reactions occur after a preceding _action_ which is a bit different from a turn. Interrupts occur before/in the middle of an action.

The Scalegloom handout on my hard drive* does say that clearly ;)

* The original, I make no allowance for if it got changed on its way into the PrC or dnd4e.com or anywhere else.

Ximenes088

First Post
Primal said:
So you throw a dagger in a "tricky" way, and get to move the target? How does it happen? You throw the dagger and he has to move in order to dodge it (even against his will -- note that in some cases it would be more reasonable just to take the hit)? Or is the throw so mightily powerful, that when your dagger hits, the target (regardless of its strength, size or weight) is knocked out of its socks?
You throw the dagger and hamstring it, causing it to topple back in the direction you want. Every time you hit it for the rest of the encounter, you're aggravating that injury and causing it to stumble in the correct direction.

Or if you're a brute-type rogue? Then yeah. You hit that thing so hard it falls over. You're a striker, it's your job to hurt things horribly.

eleran

First Post
Primal said:

Obviously, you imbue the thrown object with some of your latent mutant telekinetic force (Gambit, I am looking at you). And that rocks!!!

All snarkiness aside, you throw the object in such a way as to cause the opponent to shift to try and dodge the object, only the accuracy of your shot is so good that he dodges completely out of his square and into some adjacent square still taking the hit. On your shots that are not so accurate he doesnt have to move nearly as far to avoid it (eg you missed)

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Nyarlathotep said:
Are there enough rules to be able to advance the pregens through to level 3 without the core books?
Thalmin said at the beginning that the 16-page rulebook includes a guide on advancing each pregen character to 2nd and 3rd level. My understanding is that there aren't any options. It just tells you "this is what your character gets at this level".

I'm pretty sure Mearls or someone said something to this effect as well.

@ Thalmin - can you tell us if Mearls' "secret room" is still extent? I remember one of the earliest tidbits we got about this adventure was that Mearls had put in a secret room that couldn't be found just by thoroughly searching every square inch of every room. It requires solving some sort of puzzle or something. Is it still in the adventure? And, if so, is it really cool? I don't care about the details. I'd prefer to find out for myself. I just want to know if it's still there.

eleran

First Post
Rechan said:
You could substitute one of the DDXP characters. Or at least let them swithc to powers from there.

For instance, there's no Warlock or Ranger.

Except there is no way to level them up :-( Our group has 6 players also.

malraux

First Post
Come on, its a class based on hitting were it hurts. So you nail it in the eye/groin/butt and thereafter hit the weapon stuck in the wound.

Remove ads