Keep on the Shadowfell preview

drjones said:
Don't. The XP characters were made before the rules were finalized and we know that the Keep ones might have been shortened for space. They are pregen characters for using in the preview game, wait till you have the PHB before you try to determine relative power or whatever.
And WotC have come out and said that the KotSF PCs will correct the errata (using DDI/web) pointed out in a couple of ENW threads:)

ArmoredSaint

First Post
thalmin said:
Just got the store preview copy of Keep on the Shadowfell
The included pregens are:
Dwarf Fighter: Maul (2-handed), dagger, Scale mail
Halfling Rogue: Daggers, leather
Human Wizard: Quarterstaff, wand
Half-Elf Cleric: Mace, crowwsbow, Chain Mail
Dragonborn Paladin: Longsword, javelin, Heavy Plate, Heavy Shield

I notice that you cite the Dragonborn Paladin as being equipped with "Heavy Plate." How does this differ from the regular Plate Armour that we've seen in previews so far?

Brian888

First Post
I just picked up a copy of KotS at the Borders on L Street in Washington DC over my lunch break (there's still another copy there if anybody's in the area and wants to get their hands on it). I've only been able to flip through a little of it, but so far it looks beautiful.

I've only noticed one error so far:

[sblock]In the stat block for Kalarel, the evil priest of Orcus/boss of the encounter, there's a note next to his AC stat to "see also shadow form below." I can't find this shadow form power or ability referenced anywhere else, though.[/sblock]

Rechan

Adventurer
ArmoredSaint said:
I notice that you cite the Dragonborn Paladin as being equipped with "Heavy Plate." How does this differ from the regular Plate Armour that we've seen in previews so far?
Clearly it's plate armor from the 80s:

Marty McFly: Wait a minute, Doc, are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me?
Dr. Emmett Brown: Precisely.
Marty McFly: Whoa, this is heavy.
Dr. Emmett Brown: There's that word again; "heavy". Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?

:cool:

Sojorn

First Post
Brian888 said:
I just picked up a copy of KotS at the Borders on L Street in Washington DC over my lunch break (there's still another copy there if anybody's in the area and wants to get their hands on it). I've only been able to flip through a little of it, but so far it looks beautiful.

I've only noticed one error so far:

[sblock]In the stat block for Kalarel, the evil priest of Orcus/boss of the encounter, there's a note next to his AC stat to "see also shadow form below." I can't find this shadow form power or ability referenced anywhere else, though.[/sblock]
Explained by WotC.
[sblock=Just in case] The power was omitted intentionally because it contained effects that were not in the quick-start rules (phasing and insubstantial I think) because of space limits, but they missed removing the reference from the early part of the stat block.[/sblock]

melkoriii

First Post
I didnt see anyone list the Wizard at-will attack Thunderwave on the Wizard character.

I did the Demo this weekend and saw it and was very stoked since I never heard of it till then.
I dont have all the text. This is just the mechanics that I remember.

Thunderwave
level 1 Wizard attack, Arcane, Thunder, attack
Blast 3
All targets in blast
Int vs Fort
1d6+int, Target is pushed 3 squares

It was very useful in the encounter they had us play with lots of Minions

Last edited:

cdrcjsn

First Post
melkoriii said:
I didnt see anyone list the Wizard at-will attack Thunderwave on the Wizard character.
It was very useful in the encounter they had us play with lots of Minions

I am so in love with this spell.

Remove ads