• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keeping the blade [OOC]

wmasters

First Post
I've got the wand of knock, and the character sheet more or less done. All that needs adding now is writing up the background and personality part, and stats for her pseudonatural rat

wmasters

First Post
The background is up now, I'll post stats for the pseudonatural rat familiar tonight, then I think I'm done...

I'll try and pull together some stats for some of the common summons too, it should be fairly straightforward - they're regular MM summons with +4 Str and Con, and the Psudonatural Template.

Other than that, I think I'm prepared to be told what mistakes I've made and what I've forgotten (there is always something).

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ooh, that reminds me. I took as my language "Krysor silent code". Its something from Heroes of Battle---a sort of sign language. Thought it would be a good back-up to messaging. Course, if Vin is the only one that takes it, he'll be talking to himself. :)

wmasters

First Post
Right, I think I'm done and ready for checking. There's two points on the familiar that I wasn't sure about, Spell Resistance and Intelligence.

He gets Spell Resistance from both being a familiar of an 11th level caster, and from being Pseudonatural. I've assumed that he gets the highest of the two (the Pseudonatural one) rather than them stacking or anything crazy.

For the Intelligence, I've also assumed it's the highest of the two - he gets Intelligence 11 from the familiar, and Intelligence 3 for being Pseudonatural.

In either case, I'm quite happy to accept that I might be wrong, if anyone actually knows how this works, rather than my guessing!

Shayuri

First Post
Here's Sigil! With the tweak to inventory, and that hand sign language added. :)

[sblock=Sigil]Name: "Sigil" (Thessaly Amadin)
Race: Human
Class/Level: Warlock 12
Exp:

Desc: Sigil is of average height and slim build for a human woman, athletic but not muscular. She looks like she is, or would be, attractive, but her face is always covered by a jet black wooden mask that is molded to cover the upper half of her face with a master's precision. It leaves only her chin and mouth open to viewing. Her clothing is mostly charcoal grey, and even the fine links of her armor have been delicately and painstakingly lacquered dark grey. Though few have seen enough of her skin to notice, Sigil's name comes from the strange blue runes that bloom on her flesh, glow momentarily, then fade away. Occasionally one or two will appear on the visible portion of her face. What precisely these marks are, and why they're there are things she has not yet chosen to speak of.

Strength (STR) 8 -1
Dexterity (DEX) 20 +5
Constitution (CON) 14 +2
Intelligence (INT) 12 +1
Wisdom (WIS) 12 +1
Charisma (CHA) 22 +6

Alignment: Neutral
AC: 22 (10 +5 dex +6 armor +1 deflection)
Hit Points: 74
Movement: 30' (30' flight, Good)

Base Attack Bonus: +9/+4
Init: +5
Melee Attack: +8/+3
Ranged Attack: +14/+9
Fort: +10
Reflex: +13
Will: +13

Race Abilities
Bonus Feat
Bonus Skills

Class Abilities:
Eldritch Blast 8d6
Detect Magic at will
DR 3/cold iron
Deceieve Item
Fiendish Resiliance 1
Energy Resistance 5: Fire and Cold
Imbue Item

Skills: 60
Bluff +22 (10 ranks + 6 Cha + 6 Invocation)
Concentration +12 (10 ranks +2 Con)
Disguise +11 (5 ranks +6 Cha) (+2 when acting, +10 with Hat of Disguise)
Intimidate +22 (10 ranks + 6 Cha + 6 invocation)
Sense Motive +11 (10 ranks +1 Wis)
Use Magic Device +19 (13 ranks + 6 Cha)

Feats
1 Point Blank Shot
1 Communicator (Arcane Mark, Message, Comprehend Languages each 1/day as SLA)
3 Precise Shot
6 Extra Invocation: Eldritch Spear
9 Empower Spell-like Ability: Eldritch Blast
12 Extra Invocation: Charm

Languages - Common, Draconic, Hand Sign

Invocations
Least
- Beguiling Presence (+6 to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate)
- Dark One's Luck (+6 luck bonus to any one save)
- See the Unseen (See Invis + Darkvision 60')
- Eldritch Spear (Blast range 250')

Lesser
- Charm (Charm Monster, Will DC 20, only 1 victim at a time)
- Fell Flight (fly speed = ground speed)
- Walk Unseen (Invisibility w/24 hr duration)
- Flee the Scene (55' dim door, leaves Major Image of caster)

Greater
- Devour Magic (+8 melee touch, +12 caster level)

Money - 9pp, 4gp, 4sp

Weapons -
Spiked Gauntlet, +8 to hit, 1d4-1 damage, 1lb, 5gp, can't be disarmed

Armour -
Death Warded Mithril Chain Shirt +2, AC +6, Max Dex +6, 10lbs, 10100gp

Gear -
- In Haversack
Bedroll, 1sp, 5lbs
Blanket, 5sp, 3lbs
50' silk rope, 10gp, 5lbs
Tent, 10gp, 20lbs
Waterskin, 1gp, 4lbs
10 days trail rations, 5gp, 10lbs
2 vials acid, 20gp, 2lbs
2 vials alchemist's fire, 40gp, 2lbs

- On person
2 scroll cases, 2gp, 1lb
2 belt pouches, 2gp, 1lb

- In Pouches
Small steel mirror, 10gp, .5lb
Money

Magic -
Mask of Disguise, 1800
Handy Haversack, 2000
Ring of Protection +1, 2000
Greater Chauseble of Fell Power, 18000
Vest of Resistance +4, 16000
Cloak of Charisma +4, 16000
Gloves of Dexterity +4, 16000

Wand of Shield, 750
Wand of Blessed Aim, 750
Wand of Faerie Fire, 750
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds, 4500
Scroll of Nondetection, 475
Scroll of Tongues, 375
Scroll of Rope Trick, 150
Scroll of Silence, 150

Background:
Thessaly has little recollection of her life before she awakened in the chilly stone tower belonging to the Archmage Pharus. He told her that he'd saved her life with a one of a kind magical procedure, and that she'd need to train with him to master again the functions of her form. And while he was right about that, and about the strange magical powers she began to manifest, Thessaly came eventually to believe he was not truthful about saving her. Her suspicions were confirmed when she, with some patience, luck and using her new magical powers, was able to get a look at Pharus' journal. There she learned that she was no rescuee, but a subject in an ongoing experiment...an attempt to infuse a human being with the essence of magic, to create a new kind of being.

When confronted, Pharus admitted it, and didn't even seem terribly upset that she'd read his journal. In fact, he seemed to have been prepared for the moment. There had been, he told Thessaly, some problems with earlier subjects. They sometimes developed inexplicable delusions regarding their pasts, and became violent when confronted with evidence to the contrary. It had been decided not to share Thessaly's past with her, until it was certain she was not going down that road. Thessaly immediately pounced. Decided by WHO?

Out came documents, and a visit from one of the high generals of the Kysor army. Thessaly was a volunteer; a soldier in the Kysor military. Having served with distinction and multiple decorations, she had volunteered to undergo the experimental process in anticipation of a Kysorian counterstrike against the seemingly unstoppable forces of Tansar. The strike would be a departure from normal Kysorian strategy; a daring plan that could either turn the tide of war, or doom Kysor to invasion and occupation.

No armies, no monsters. Just a small team of operatives; the best of the best. They would enter Tansar like a dagger, slip between it's ribs, and pierce its very heart.

Unable to refute the story of her past, Thessaly still recognized that her old life, in most ways, was over. She had been remade. So she donned a mask that could disguise her, and re-christened herself as 'Sigil,' after the moving, changing runes in her skin. When offered a place on the team that she had given everything that she had been up for, Sigil agreed.[/sblock]

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I can see us buying the Circlets of Sounding in preparation of this incursion, but do we know each other long enough for it to be considered appropriate to learn the sign language?

I think until a little time has passed, I might just treat my character as knowing a few minor signs, like 'fall back, attack, hold' etc.

lonesoldier

First Post
The secret sign language is used by elite operatives and spys, and therefore you would know it.

----
I've been wrestling with my Linux install the last few days (I managed to format the hard drive thanks to some careless terminal entries...) but I'll check over the characters tonight. What else... Oh! All the campaign notes are safe since I keep them on a USB Jumpdrive.

Shayuri

First Post
Is everything okay? I hope so. I'd hate to lose this one. It looks pretty cool!

C'mon! Don't die! You've never given up on anything in your life, now FIGHT damnit! LIVE!

*warms up defib paddles*

Remove ads