Kenku Writeup

Siberys

Adventurer
It IS nice. Me likey.

Off to print...

Also;

Mimic
"The audience heard a whoosh and a crackle, the sounds of flames. A woman screamed 'Fire!'. I laughed."

Prerequisite: Kenku, trained in Bluff

You are trickery. The broken glass around the corner, that turns out to be unbroken. The muffled cry for help in an empty alley. The voice of lover, muttered by strange lips. You can alter your voice and your appearance, while receiving powers that take advantage of that natural skill.

Mimic Path Features

Tricksy Action (11th level):
when you spend an action point to take an extra action, at any one point for the rest of the encounter, you may benefit from any effect that has the target "You" or "Ally"

Master of Disguise (11th level): You gain Change Shape (MM p. 276) as an at-will power.

Mimic's Flank (16th level): You add your charisma bonus to damage dealt to targets against whom you have combat advantage.

Mimic Powers

Unexpected Sidestep • Mimic Attack 11
With some fancy footwork, you place an enemy between you and an attacker
Encounter
Immediate Reaction • Personal
Trigger:
You are hit by an attack.
Effect: Switch places with one adjacent enemy. That enemy is now the target of the attack that triggered this power.

Did you hear THAT? • Mimic Utility 12
You throw your voice, and creatures curiously converge on where it seemed to originate.
Daily • Charm
Standard Action • Area
burst 10 within 10 squares
Target: All creatures in burst
Effect: Slide each target 2 squares toward one square in the burst. You gain combat advantage against one target.
Special: You may only use this power in a surprise round or when your enemies are unaware of you.

Yelling Fire in a Theater • Mimic Attack 20
Using your natural proficiency at mimicry, and your learned talent for trickery, you force the target to react in a certain way.
Daily • Charm
Standard Action • Close
burst 5
Target: One enemy in burst
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: The target is dominated until the end of your next turn (save ends).
Sustain Standard: The target remains dominated, so long as he hasn't saved.

Siberys

Adventurer
Okay, I'm on it.

By the by, How d'ya like the Mimic? I was hoping it might go into the PDF. It was rather off-the-cuff, though, so it may need balancing.

Next Projects:

Lizardfolk
Thri-Kreen
Deity-based PPs

AMP Productions

First Post
Your doing the Kreen, eh? I had my eye on them.... :(

I think I have Bullywugs up next on my list, then a brand new creation...

Anything you want to have changed as far as the Kenku goes?

I can add the Paragon path, but it might take a couple days. I had alot of free time today, but I'll e busy for a while.

Oh yeah, and on a final note, it was REALLY hard to find kenku pictures, and I felt I was kinda streaching it with what I did put in there... If the racial Paragon path gets put up, I can blast away the picture with the wings.

Siberys

Adventurer
Works for me. Because of the picture, I actually considered making a PP that gave 'em wings. It was a stretch, though...

Also, nothin' stoppin' ya from doin' kreen. Go ahead - I might like yours better.

Edit: Also, due to Kenku not actually being a language in the books, I'd prefer not to use it, or else make up a language, like "Umbral" or something, for those with a connection to the shadowfell to speak. You could let Shadar-Kai speak it, too.

Siberys

Adventurer
Thanks, mate. I wouldn't be near qualifying if it weren't for your help; The rules may be sound, but people really like it to look nice.

Rechan

Adventurer
Actually, I do like the Mimic. :)

The PDF however hurts my head. Namely that if you don't want to print it, you have to tilt your head far to read it.

Siberys

Adventurer
AMP Productions said:
oh yeah, and sorry about the no landscape thing, My comp wont let me change it.

If you download it though and open the file with acrobat, hit Ctrl+shift+plus and it will right itself. :)

That should solve your problem, Rechan.

EDIT: Also, add sahuagin and astral-contruct-esque monster creation rules to my hopeful creations.

Remove ads