Khorvarian Days & Knights [IC]

Torillan

First Post
3rd Zol of Aryth, 998

The journey from Karrlakton to Vedykar wasn't easy. After hastily assembling the group from a needed rest, Tyler D'Orien herded them all onto a large coach drawn by a team of six Magebred Horses. The rapid pace of the trip was necessary, Tyler told them. He read aloud the letter he received in his father's hand two days ago:

My dear boy,
I'm sorry to give you this news in this manner, but time is of the essence. I need you to get to Vedykar as quickly as possible. I have received news on the artifact that some associates of mine are seeking. Out agent in Vedykar has a map revealing the location of an ancient temple in the Ashen Spires that may contain this relic (I cannot divulge the nature of it).

We have since learned that one of my associates is a member of the Emerald Claw, after two of our family were attacked yesterday, led into an ambush he created.

Again, time is of the essence. Get to Vedykar as quickly as possible and meet our agent (you will recognize her) at the Inn of the Golden Embers. She will guide you part of the way to the temple. We know nothing about the layout of the temple, only that it is not very large. Finding the relic shouldn't be too difficult.

I will tell you that the relic is a rod, with what should be Dragonshards on either end. That is all I know. Once you have the relic, bring it directly to me, and I will reveal my associates. Trust me that they are good men (and a few women).

Please hurry.

Your loving father

Two days out from Karrlakton, the coach was ambushed at a resting stop. Only a few enemies were involved, most likely not realizing that there would be more than just Tyler. They were driven off quickly. You did notice that one bore a tatoo of the Emerald Claw.

You are now one day out from Vedykar (via coach), speeding on ward through the damp chill of morning......

Last edited:

Tor L'Tha

First Post
Still nervous about the sudden attack and the even more quick desengage, Zook had without thinking changed his apareance to somthing orcish and with some ugly horn on the head,it didnt happend that he changed in a so irrational way, but the brawl he heard was to like the one to Trak, and Trak was fult whit hate for Zook.
Changing to a more human looking person and expelling thet thought of Trak sneak attacking him he stands upp and says to the group. "maybe they just are gone to regroup whit some more heavy fighters! it would be a sad thing to die on a day like this." "Shudent we make it fast the rest of the way? if we are lucky those few bandits is all we are going to se today"

Zook wherent used to be the one that where ambushed, he was more likely the one that waited in a shadow.
He looks around and sees if any are wounded.

Zook sitts besides of Tylor and says: "Tyler one of them hadd a tatoo of the Emerald Claw did you se that too? your father mentioned something about the Emerald Claw in his letter, right?"

ooc:
I woud prefer to take the conversation on the move. and im asumming that Tylor mentioned the letter to Zook.

DarkMaster

First Post
Kollared, annoyed by Zook negative and disruptive attitude replies Sad to die, you seem very affraid of dying. Death is just the begining, unless...

He then approaches the changeling Don't worry I will cover your back with my life
OOC Kollared tries to reassure Zook, aura of courage, CHA 15, Diplomacy +12. I know it doesn't really have any game effect but just to show how convincing he sounds.

Zweischneid

First Post
"maybe they just are gone to regroup whit some more heavy fighters! it would be a sad thing to die on a day like this." "Shudent we make it fast the rest of the way? if we are lucky those few bandits is all we are going to se today"

Lynx - crouching among his sprawled out writing utensils, books and notes (many of them now including rough sketches of the fight or the emblem associated with the Emerald Claw) that now easily take up the space of three people in the less-than-spacious coach - falls into a soft, purring laughter.

"He's got a point though Sir Kollard, you have to admit." he explains, pointing an ink-stained claw at the knight "Noone here would doubt your valor, even before yesterdays ambush. But if this tattooed scoundrel wasn't just a lone rogue and The Claw brings down their mighty fist on us, it will be at best valorous death for you... and a bloody one for me."

Saving an Ink vial from falling over by yet another bumb of the speeding coach, he continues "Haste may well be our best chance... and I don't merely mean ourselfes. If they knew that Sir Du'Orien is coming and by which route, than they must have had a "talk" with either his father or someone else from the family!"

"Ain't it not so?" The strange Shifter asks, turning his feline gaze to the noble Dragonmarked "Maybe you would care to enlighten us a bit to this whole mystery, Sir Tyler." Falling again into his sarcastic purring he adds. "I am not a Soldier of the Claw, that I can assure you at least."

----
Ooc:

I assume the coach is either topless or Tyler & Kollard are not riding thier own horses at the moment I guess.

[edit]

Spells memorized:
Level 0: daze, detect magic, flare, light, mage hand
Level 1: charm person, expedious retreat, mage armor, magic missle
Level 2: cat's grace, daze monster, scorching ray

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC Kollared his ridding his own horse. He is much more effective mounted. He is just riding nearby the cart.

Kollared smiles at Lynx replies. Valorous death he thinks and wonder why they all make death such a big thing. "If the gods decide that I did enough then it's time for me to go" Kollared beleives that he lived the best he could and dying would just be a sign from the gods telling him that he can finally rest.

He pauses for a few seconds and add. But I got to agree with you, someone from the inside knew about our little trip. Anyone knows an alternate road to Vedykar that wouldn't slow us down too much. With the carriage I doubt we can get there faster than them so we might as well get there alive" He winks at Lynx.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Lyren has removed his helmet and stroked his sideburns thoughtfully, listening to the other's discussion.

After a while he speaks "It seems to me, that if someone knows where we are going, and how we are getting there, and our goal is to avoid being the target of another ambush...we should simply not BE where we are expected. Is there an alternate route we can take? If not, then utmost speed and vigilance is surley the best plan."

Lyren speaks confidently, as if he feels that, now that he's said something, a decision must be made. He looks to the others for confirmation, one way or the other.

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC Kollared his ridding his own horse. He is much more effective mounted. He is just riding nearby the cart.

Kollared smiles at Lynx replies. Valorous death he thinks and wonder why they all make death such a big thing. "If the gods decide that I did enough then it's time for me to go" Kollared beleives that he lived the best he could and dying would just be a sign from the gods telling him that he can finally rest.

He pauses for a few seconds and add. But I got to agree with you, someone from the inside knew about our little trip. Anyone knows an alternate road to Vedykar that wouldn't slow us down too much. With the carriage I doubt we can get there faster than them so we might as well get there alive" He winks at Lynx.

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC It looks like we are thinking alike Shaggy. I took me a while to answer and I didn't see your post. Does anyone have the proper knowledge to answer our question?

Tor L'Tha

First Post
DarkMaster said:
Don't worry I will cover your back with my life

"Well my friend and now protector, i do not doubt your word. I will make the biggest effort for holding you alive to." That would help me a bit to i think,if he stays alive i have a mutch so bigger chanse to come home someday Zook smiles, take the whip from his side and whip it over the horses HA!!!

The horses moves, and after a while they are making good speed.

I do hope Tyler's family are all well, but we should think as the worse scenario possible, i do belive that that is a wise thing to do. But right now im more conserned to make the destination at as little time as possible.

"Lyralen you have a good point, but making best speed is the best idea, i vote for the fast and alert move gentelmen."
Zook lokk on the others to se what they think.

occ:
I got the horses if thats ok for Juggernaut, he has writen a horse in the rouge gallery so i tend to think that he will be riding.

Last edited:

Juggernaut

First Post
Tyler takes a deep breath as he looks directly into each man's eyes.

"Please be at ease gentlemen. Yes I will agree you have a right to be concerned after all we were just ambushed by a group with ties to the Emerald Claw. However, there is not much we can do at this moment except for continue on to Vedykar."

Tyler turns to look at his changeling friend, "Zook, have I ever let anything happen to you? In all of our time together, has any major harm been caused to you?" Tyler winks and smiles at Zook. "Trust me friend, I will protect you."

Tyler then turns toward his Shifter companion, "Lynx, I do not know how the Emerald Claw knows of our location. I DO know that my father is not responsible for sending them to us. However, this is not the time nor it is the place to question my family's integrity. It is the time for us to join together as a group and face the adversity that is going to attempt to stop us from completing our task at hand."

Glancing back and forth between Lyren and Kollared, "If the time for death is here then so be it. I must get to Vedykar, meet with my family's agent and take on this task assigned to me by my father. This road is the direct route to Vedykar, there is no quicker way. What possibly stands in our way are agents of the Emerald Claw."

Now Tyler turns his attention to everyone, "This coach is headed on this road to Vedykar, by the end of the day we should be there. I will put my life on the line to protect each of you. However, if this relic ends up in the hands of the Emerald Claw, there could be much worse consequences for many people than our deaths. So decide whether or not you are willing to help me in keeping a powerful relic out of the hands of the Emerald Claw, which could possibly save the lives of many innocents. And let me know once we arrive to Vedykar. If you decide not to travel with me then I will ensure your trip via lightning rail to wherever you wish to go."

Looking directly into each man's eyes Tyler awaits their replies...

Last edited:

Remove ads