Khorvarian Days & Knights [IC]

Tor L'Tha

First Post
"Vedykar is my destination, and whatever is the reason to the Emerald Claw to be on our tails, and the persons behind the ambush, shall get their fear punishment" "or a dagger trough their troath"

Juggernaut

First Post
"Very good Zook. I knew I could count on you. Remember friend, Death is a part of life, we can not go through life fearing it. Embrace it, my friend, and you will most likely live a longer happier life." Tyler pats Zook on his back and smiles at his changeling friend.

Tyler's mind begins to wonder... He starts to think of his years at Rekkenmark...Tyler was sitting at a table in the cafeteria as an entry level student. He was, of course, proudly bearing the symbol of House Orien. An older more experienced member of House Deneith started picking on Tyler and as it reached the level of getting physical one of the instructors pushed his way through the crowd. The instructor broke up the fight and made the older boy do push-ups in the middle of everyone. The teacher sat on the boys back as he did his push-ups. All of the other students gathered around, pointing and laughing. The instructor himself was laughing very hard. Suddenly the instructors form changed to look like that of the student from which Tyler had purchased the Smoking leaves. From that moment on Tyler swore that the changeling had earned a friend for life.

Zweischneid

First Post
"I DO know that my father is not responsible for sending them to us. However, this is not the time nor it is the place to question my family's integrity."

Shaking his head vigorously Lynx starts stuffing his notes, inks and the dog-eared Spellbook carelessly back into his bag.

"No, no, no... never was would I question their integrity without a solid reason. It is my fear that your father or someone close to him gave up your route and destination to the Claw because he was either ensnared by spells or .. much more likely since we're dealing with the Emerald Claw... forced by torture and violence."

However, if this relic ends up in the hands of the Emerald Claw, there could be much worse consequences for many people than our deaths. So decide whether or not you are willing to help me in keeping a powerful relic out of the hands of the Emerald Claw, which could possibly save the lives of many innocents. And let me know once we arrive to Vedykar.

For a moment Lynx pauses his hasty packing, holding out a piece of paper containing some (very vague) scetches and notes of the dangerous relic.
Was there ever a doubt that I would go along with them?, he thinks staring at his own drawings. What would Professor Lepsius do? Get a hold of this thing obviously!
Lynx looks up and glances at the motley gathering with a feral smile.

"Well me and Cariosa are coming with you Sir Tyler, that I can assure you of."

Swinging his Backpack over his shoulder he nimbly climbs up to the coachman.

"Lets get those horses moving, will ya!"

DarkMaster

First Post
Kollared, used to respect hierarchy and authority, says Let's move on He then turns look straight in the eyes of the young bourgeois If that's what you want Sir you can count on me

Kollared then accelerate. He leaves wondering how wise it is to head straight ahead has planed. We are slowed down by the cart providing our enemies with time to organise, and we are a rather small group. If the Emarald claw wants us dead it should be fairly easy now. Are only chance is that they aren't enough of them to organise anything.

Kollared never show any sign that he doubt the order weren't wise. Because to achieve better results we all need to work togheter.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
(Lyren is also mounted on his own horse)

Lyren takes in the words of his companions nods in general agreement and gets down to business.

"So, full speed ahead it is. I suggest perhaps having the free-riders ride a bit ahead of the caravan, trying to spring the trap before it's ready-or maybe even having one fall behind and the other ahead, in order to extend our range of vision. With the other three staying with the carriage, and appropriate attention paid to how far away from the group we are, we should be able to remain in contact should any trouble befall us. I volunteer to fall behind the group and watch our back and nominate Kollared to ride ahead. Of course, this is an Orien caravan, so D'Orien is in charge, what say you Tyler?"

Juggernaut

First Post
Tyler is startled back to reality from his daydream by Lynx's words. He shakes the thoughts from his head and replies, "Sorry Lynx, I am just over-protective of my family, so when someone questions them I sometimes get a little defensive. But its good to hear that you will be accompanying us."

Then as Kollared speaks to Tyler, Tyler looks at him and smiles widely. "I knew that you would not disappoint me Sir Kollared. I appreciate your company and assistance."

As Kollared begins to accelerate, "Please alert us at first sign of possible trouble." Tyler then quickly scans the horizon for possible signs of trouble or unwanted company. (Spot check -1)

OoC: Two things... First, How do Tyler and Lynx know one another? I need to get a feel for the relationship between the two. Second... Not sure how much Kollared has travelled with Tyler, but Tyler is not very wise and I will attempt to roleplay him as such. As the relationship matures between the two, Kollared may wish to attempt to discuss things with Tyker rather than just following orders. Sometimes Tyler is fully aware of his weaknesses, other times he can be stubborn and unaware. It will just have to be things that we'll play out. ;)

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
(Lyren is also mounted on his own horse)

Lyren takes in the words of his companions nods in general agreement and gets down to business.

"So, full speed ahead it is. I suggest perhaps having the free-riders ride a bit ahead of the caravan, trying to spring the trap before it's ready-or maybe even having one fall behind and the other ahead, in order to extend our range of vision. With the other three staying with the carriage, and appropriate attention paid to how far away from the group we are, we should be able to remain in contact should any trouble befall us. I volunteer to ride on and see what lies ahead and nominate Kollared to fall back. Of course, this is an Orien caravan, so D'Orien is in charge, what say you Tyler?"

Last edited:

Juggernaut

First Post
"Sounds like a great plan Lyren. Just be cautious, and do not take any actions upon yourself without first alerting us."

Last edited:

Juggernaut

First Post
To the two still left in the coach Tyler addresses them, "Gentlemen, do not fret. As long as you are in my company the flail of no Emerald Claw soldier shall be the death of you. I swear to you on my honor. Most likely we are going to be attacked at some point today before reaching Vedykar, so be prepared. And be careful.

OoC: Can you please describe the coach? Is it covered or open? Is it being piloted by an NPC? Everyone seems to have their own ideas of how it looks, so a vivid description would help, especially if there is going to be action before reaching town. Thanks.

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC No problem Juggernaut, Kollared is also a special kind of guy with his bizarre self imposed rules.

Kollared nods at Lyren and slow down moving to the rear of the caravan. He will keep his focus on what's behind the caravan. (spot +1) But will not hesitate to charge ahead if he hears any sign of trouble in front (listen +1)

Remove ads