• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Khorvarian Days & Knights [IC]

DarkMaster

First Post
Kollared appears on the scene a few minutes later he quickly glances at the wheel, seeing that nothing could be done, he follows the others

OOC There is something I don't understand. If we all ride the horses shouldn't we arrived as plan to Vedykar or where we supposed to stop anyway at the waystation?

Juggernaut

First Post
Tyler finishes loading his stuff onto his horse while Lyren helps Zook and Lynx to unstrap the horses from the coach. "So its off to the waystation we go. Everyone make sure you get all of your belongings. And lets move it along. Sir Kollared would you take the point? And Lyren take up the rear please." Tyler hurries the others to get moving and the group begins down the road toward the waystation.

OoC: I think that we are slowed by the rain and that is why we will not make it as originally planned.

If we need a marching order I would suggest that Kollared be in the lead since he has the most fighting prowess on horseback. Lyren taking up the rear, with Zook and Lynx in the middle. My horse is much faster so I will be speeding up past everyone then waiting for everyone to pass... just as I would when guarding a caravan.

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Rear guard it is. Let's get going then."

Lyren sees to it that everyone is situated, mounts his horse, Scimitar, and waits for them to get a move-on before riding afterward.

Zweischneid

First Post
Mounting the (unsaddled?) horse with a sceptical frown, Lynx begins to arrange himself atop the new seating, precariously balancing bridle, cat, his bags atop the nervous horse.

"Shhhh ... good horse... fine horse... You get me to Vedyakar and I'll get you some nice juicy apples ... HEY!, careful! ... good horse... fine horse..."

After a few moments careful familiarization, Lynx seems to be ready to ride and even managed to steer the horse towards his assigned position in the line.

"Let's get going then."

Pulling his hood up against the rain, the Shifter gets his mount moving while keeping up his soothing mantra
"...a very fine horse you are...".

Tor L'Tha

First Post
well on the road again. Zook takes the horse upp next to Tyler "im not so familiar whit this Emerald Claw cant you inform me what you now about this organisation?" "I have noticed their presens around in Khorvaire, but i have never maked it a interest of mine "

DarkMaster

First Post
Kolarred considers himself a good warrior but not a very good scout. His heavy horse being slow he could ride along one of the poor rider but sthealthier guy.

"Sir Tyler, I suggest the Lynx comes with me in the front. His eyes seems much more sharp then mine. He then turns towards Lynx.
"Don't worry, I will do the fighting"

Kolarred waits for Tyler or Lynx answer before moving in the front.

OOC Kolarred will move the front independantly from Lynx answers and will try to be on the look out as much as he can spot +1, listen +1

OoC spot +1, listen +1

Zweischneid

First Post
"Sir Tyler, I suggest the Lynx comes with me in the front. His eyes seems much more sharp then mine. He then turns towards Lynx.
"Don't worry, I will do the fighting"

The shifters yellow eyes narrow angrily, hearing himself referred to as animal the way Professor Alaczar is so fond of doing in Morgrave.

With a low growl below his hood thats difficult to understand, he spurs his horse up to the mounted knight, while simultaneously wrapping a stripe of cured leather around his hand holding the horses rein.

"Should we encounter another fight this evening, I shall be ready."

Determined to prove himself, almost eager to find some ambush waiting, Lynx stares vigilantly into the rainy gloom.

----------------------​

Ooc:
Casting [Mage Armor: AC 17].. lasts for 3 hours, which should be more than enough for the rest of the days ride.

Taking up the watch, Lynx has
[Listen: +7 / Search: +5 / Spot: +7] aswell as low-light vision should it matter.

Last edited:

Torillan

First Post
DarkMaster said:
OOC There is something I don't understand. If we all ride the horses shouldn't we arrived as plan to Vedykar or where we supposed to stop anyway at the waystation?

I do see what you mean. The waystation is 1 hour away, and the town is actually only 2-3 hours by horse, 5-6 on foot. The weather is not helping, in fact, its getting worse. Sorry for the confusion.

YOu could press on with the horses, and reach Vedykar by nightfall. Whether they let you in is another tale............. ;)

Juggernaut

First Post
"Very well. Lynx, if you don't mind, would you accompany Sir Kollared at the point and keep a keen eye out for anything unfriendly?"

Then Tyler turns toward the changeling, "Actually friend, there is not much that I know about the Order of the Emerald Claw. What I do knowis that they are a small terrorist organization that used to work for the Karrnathi government but now opposes it. They have occassionally been a pain in House Orien's side, by raiding caravans that pass through Karrnath. And although it is not much... this is all I know about the Emerald Claw."

Torillan

First Post
After an hours or so, with no let up in sight for the rain and what sun there is almost down, you reach the waystation. It is a small, one story building, almost an "L" shape. There are some lamps in front of the building by the road which provide some light. You do see that light is coming from the windows, but no activity either inside or outside.

Behind the waystation is what appears to be a small stable, large enough for maybe 3-4 horses.

Remove ads