• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kinds of whips

Dristram

First Post
I'm at work so I don't have my books handy. But I need to know the different kinds of whips available from the splat books and what their abilities are.

Also, if one has the Exotic Weapon Prof. for Whip, does that apply to the others?

tanks!

Steverooo

First Post
Whips

All I'm aware of are the Whip (PHB) and Whip-Dagger (Sword and Fist). Both are usable with the Exotic Weapon Proficiency:Whip.

jlhorner1974

First Post
There is also a Nagaika from either Song and Silence or Masters of the Wild (I can't remember which).

It's a whip with glass fragments attached every so often along the length of the whip.

It does the same base damage (1d6) as the whip-dagger, but one crits as x3 and the other 19-20/x2.

I would say proficiencies would be interchangeable.

Last edited:

jlhorner1974

First Post
I have my books now.

Whip Dagger (Sword & Fist): Dmg 1d6 (Slashing), 19-20/x2
Nagaika (Masters of the Wild): Dmg 1d6 (Slashing), x3

Masters of the Wild actually mentions Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Nagaika), but I say if Whip and Whip Dagger are close enough to be the same, a Nagaika (essentially a glass studded whip) is the same too. The rules for Nagaika are otherwise identical to the whip dagger.

They are so similar that it would be silly to say nagaika needs its own proficiency, instead of sharing one with whip and whip dagger.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads